Discuss New Phone Opinions in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My Iphone 5s is coming to the end of its life (I am bored with it) and I fancy a change to android, do I get.

a) Cat Phone S60 with flir camera £499
b) Cubot Panther £149
c) Another iphone
d) Something different

Interested in peoples views, always had iphones, my mate has a cheap cubot and it appears to be a great phone, I like the look of the Cat phone but probably paying a premium price for the flir?

i'm upgrading and selling my old phone if you're intersted @ £300.

nokia_mobira_cityman_1320.gif

I'm an iPhone user however I'm starting to look around as Apple do take the p**s with their prices. There's a company that produces a modular phone, I believe called 'Fairphone' that looks a bit fun.

I am a Samsung user and have been for a few years now after losing interest with everything Apple, currently got the Samsung s7 edge and it's the best phone I have had so far. I have a mate who is a die hard iphone man but even he is impressed with the picture quality on the samsung.

A vote in the direction of Android here. I'm not a diehard Android fan but reckon they are best overall (I have owned various iPhones and Windows phones too). I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it's easily the best phone I've ever had.

I was a Nokia man for decades, then went to Android (Samsung Galaxy S4 mini - with a crxp aerial) and now have an Apple 5S 64GB ..... which I bought 2nd hand a year ago and has already saved me money....

One thing I do recommend, what ever you buy, is an "otter box" to protect it!

i'm upgrading and selling my old phone if you're intersted @ £300.

nokia_mobira_cityman_1320.gif
Those were the days when you started everyphone call with, "I talking to you on a mobile phone!"
I used to carry the car version that strapped to the battery and took up one of your hands. We're spoilt you know.
I know that I'll find it difficult to move from my 5s because it's sturdy whereas the wife has a 7 and it's like a wafer - me no likey! I'll stick with 5s sim free and possibly buy a second hand one when this one dies. It has enough up to date tech for a few more years.

I'm sick of breaking iPhones and having to lay out the cost so now rock a Sony Xperia something-or-other model. Camera is rubbish but when I break it, which I've already done the screen, it'll go in the bin and £150 replacement is better than £799 every 2 months.

Want one !!!!!!! Banana Phone, is it edible.

My Iphone 5s is coming to the end of its life (I am bored with it) and I fancy a change to android, do I get.

a) Cat Phone S60 with flir camera £499
b) Cubot Panther £149
c) Another iphone
d) Something different

Interested in peoples views, always had iphones, my mate has a cheap cubot and it appears to be a great phone, I like the look of the Cat phone but probably paying a premium price for the flir?

Motorola Moto G4 seems pretty good for not much money. Happy with mine.

I have the iPhone 7 plus. Amazing phone. Does invoices etc on the go - added bonus. Yea it's pricey but I say it's worth every penny. Camera is amazing, so is the screen

Reply to New Phone Opinions in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net