Discuss new reqs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They do not warrant a C3 code, item 1 in the below image explains all.

View attachment 27379View attachment 27379

Having one word wrong on a label or solid green sleeving are not in any way dangerous or able to give rise to danger.

But most old installations won't have a new colours label unless they contain both wiring colours.

Fair comment with evidence. I will still include them in our reports but goong forward probably not code them. You cannot be wrong if you include it but you could be seen as wrong if you do not.

Not aware that Network Rail require contractors to be registered with the NICEIC.
The fact that I'm not registered with the NICEIC, has not prevented me from working at various sites around London.
It appears that the quote that keeps getting copied and pasted is from one of the schemes, not from the IET. As such I would not place any value on the information.
Generally, I would apply a code C3, for instances where an installation complied at the time of it's design/construction, but does not comply with the current requirements.
For instance: cables concealed in walls without an acceptable method of additional protection, socket-outlets intended for general use by ordinary persons, circuits of a location containing a bath or shower, not provided with RCD protection, time delayed RCDs set to 5s, etc.
With instances where conductors have not been correctly identified, such as switch lines, where earth sleeving has been omitted or a lable indicating two colours of wiring are present, I would just rectify, and not bother applying a code.

Not aware that Network Rail require contractors to be registered with the NICEIC.
The fact that I'm not registered with the NICEIC, has not prevented me from working at various sites around London.
It appears that the quote that keeps getting copied and pasted is from one of the schemes, not from the IET. As such I would not place any value on the information.
Generally, I would apply a code C3, for instances where an installation complied at the time of it's design/construction, but does not comply with the current requirements.
For instance: cables concealed in walls without an acceptable method of additional protection, socket-outlets intended for general use by ordinary persons, circuits of a location containing a bath or shower, not provided with RCD protection, time delayed RCDs set to 5s, etc.
With instances where conductors have not been correctly identified, such as switch lines, where earth sleeving has been omitted or a lable indicating two colours of wiring are present, I would just rectify, and not bother applying a code.

At risk of going off a bit. To gain RISQS (formally Link-Up) approval you will certainly require NICEIC membership. We have both.

I would also do exactly as you said above. Anything that did comply that now does not I would C3. Unless of course it was a little more serious as I am sure wevall would too. There would be no way in reality to verify when the installation was designed or installed.

At risk of going off a bit. To gain RISQS (formally Link-Up) approval you will certainly require NICEIC membership. We have both.
What does the RISQS initials stand for??

Sounds like someone (or Organization) has been well and truly hooked by all the hype the NICEIC spurts out!! lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They just love acronyms.
For the underground you need a LUCAS card, for Network Rail a PTS card.
Then there's the SPIC card, and a whole host of others

None of which mean anything to me. But if what UKESRail has stated is correct, then they seem to be relying on NICEIC membership to authenticate this ''RISQS'' card and maybe the others you mention here. I can't think of a worse move myself, far better to conduct your own assessment, if you're going to issue a card as a restrictive approval requirement!!

In order to obtain any of the cards I have mentioned, you first have to have an ECS/CSCS skill card.
As I've already stated, I am not, and never have been registered with the NICEIC.

Do you do many EICR's mate?
Good question

Is this a loaded question? Yes!!

As you are the MD of a company that does mainly railway work (from one of your earlier post) I find it strange you should do any EICR’s.
You should have minions to do the tedious work while you concentrate on keeping the rail system going.

bullsh1t_zps919bb184.jpg

UKESRail, you've been rumbled as a charlatan.

If you’re going to tell porkies, try to remember the storyline. You’ll need it to give creadence to anything you say in future.

None of which mean anything to me. But if what UKESRail has stated is correct, then they seem to be relying on NICEIC membership to authenticate this ''RISQS'' card and maybe the others you mention here. I can't think of a worse move myself, far better to conduct your own assessment, if you're going to issue a card as a restrictive approval requirement!!

It is not a card but a membership. It does include an audit they can take upto 3 days in which the assesor girs through a whole liad of things drpending on the type of work you carry out. Come on, we all know how powerful the NICEIC brand os outside of the electricians world. Like it or not.

In order to obtain any of the cards I have mentioned, you first have to have an ECS/CSCS skill card.
As I've already stated, I am not, and never have been registered with the NICEIC.

There is a difference between obtaining a PTS csrd and being contracted by Network Rail. Anyone can pay £200 and go on a two day course to get a PTS card. But the audit to work firect for NR is a little tougher.

Good question

As you are the MD of a company that does mainly railway work (from one of your earlier post) I find it strange you should do any EICR’s.
You should have minions to do the tedious work while you concentrate on keeping the rail system going.

bullsh1t_zps919bb184.jpg

I started the company when it was just me on my own in 2010 mate. This year we have a team of 7. But I still get out there with the lads. I don't think of myself as that important to be honest. The company os only as good as the guys who work for me. They are the grafters. I am the minion.

You sound like a lovely bloke to work for.

we all know how powerful the NICEIC brand os outside of the electricians world. Like it or not.
Just because people have heard of it doesnt mean its a good brsnd though does it?

Alot of these home renovation programmes and the likes of Dominic Littlewood have alot to answer for because they say you should use a contractor registered with them.

If you want to know how bad they and the other scams are research how many they have removed from being registered with them due to bad working practises, then how many they prosecute for using their brand when not a member of them.

UKESRail, you've been rumbled as a charlatan.

If you’re going to tell porkies, try to remember the storyline. You’ll need it to give creadence to anything you say in future.

You writing a few sentences on here does not mean I am rumbled mate. Company details are all available to look at so please feel fee. Just please return on here and apologise to me for saying I am lying when you do.

Just because people have heard of it doesnt mean its a good brsnd though does it?

Alot of these home renovation programmes and the likes of Dominic Littlewood have alot to answer for because they say you should use a contractor registered with them.

If you want to know how bad they and the other scams are research how many they have removed from being registered with them due to bad working practises, then how many they prosecute for using their brand when not a member of them.

Oh trust me. I am not disagreeing with you. They are a business end of. I dod not want to join and done so through muffled swear words under my breath. My point was anyone who is not electrically minded sees them as the Holy Grail. This happens in the railways to.

Reply to new reqs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net