Discuss New System - 2 Arrays - Wondering why low voltage on 1st array in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Smyvie

Just had a new 4kw solar pv system fitted, with two arrays of 7 panels, one above the other in the same direction.

I flicked through the statistics and noticed that the first array was only producing 1w, when the 2nd array was producing around 900w. So I checked voltage and found that was on 40v and fairly constant, where as the 2nd array was jumping between about 190v to 245v. The sun was on both arrays, the only shading factors is the poles from the scaffolding, but would five poles over 7m make that much shading, looking from on the scaffolding they didnt appear to.

Every time I look at the statistics the 1st array is either 1w or 0w regardless of what the 2nd array is showing, the voltage seems to stay on 40v or 41v and 42v on occasions.

Am I worried about nothing!
New System - 2 Arrays - Wondering why low voltage on 1st array {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Anyones advice will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sounds like you have a string down. You need to check DC isolator, inverter input and panel connections.

Thanks for that, thats what I thought, tried changing feeds round, with same result. So I know its not the inverter, will try isolator tomorrow and panel connections. If no change will call installers back. Thanks again.

Thanks for that, thats what I thought, tried changing feeds round, with same result. So I know its not the inverter, will try isolator tomorrow and panel connections. If no change will call installers back. Thanks again.

Just call the installer to come have a look. Don't have ago yourself you could void the warranty plus it's dangerous!

OK will do, was beginning to think that myself. will look at panels incase they havn't pushed plugs home. tho. Cheers again.

Reply to New System - 2 Arrays - Wondering why low voltage on 1st array in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock