Discuss New to inspection and testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mike Blair

Just passed my 2394/5 and looking at joining napit what are the prices i should be charging?? also any advice to any new people to inspection and testing?

Are you talking about prices for inspection and testing work, EICRs? If so, it partly depends on whether you want to do a proper job for those who will pay to have it done properly - though you will find some customers would prefer it done cheaper and won't care about how well it is done!

Not sure what NAPIT membership has to do with this, other than factoring in the additional cost into your pricing!

Why Napit? Stroma are cheaper.

Despite what the scams say there is no qualification requirement for doing EICR's - just experience and competence. If you are going to do them then PL insurance is a good idea

Professional indemnity insurance is also a good idea. NAPIT and likely the other schemes will require it.

how can you say that when you don't know how big the installation is? You'll go bankrupt very quickly doing that. I have done a nursing home with 23 db's and it took longer than a day

Hum.... so how many circuits exactly and what was the scope of the EICR - just documenting 23DB's must take hours!

:blush5:
​........

Sorry missed the 'at least' bit

Yes 23 dbs took along time, only just finished and started april last year. Full check on every circuit and every assesary checked. They never have had a passed cert, been using certs with unsatisfactory on it for the past 15 years and only just been picked up on it by the insurance.

Reply to New to inspection and testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock