Discuss new to trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

try square is trhe correct name for the tool, i believe. there have been a couple of threads a while ago on this very subject. try a search.

Theres a couple of ways of doing them that look good however a lot of jobs specify manufactured bends only.
I usuaslly make them by cutting out the required angle, folding and fish plating however as this requires a great deal of accuracy and is quite time consuming some people cut out half the required angle and overlap, therefore removing the need for fish plates, this method is a lot more forgiving however doesn't look as good as the first method IMO.

I quite often use a 4 1/2" grinder with very thin blades to cut the trunking, if not just a hacksaw.

The more compartments the more difficult. Always check your marks twice and square everything proper.

Essential tools are hacksaw with 32T blade, tri-square, tin snips, pencil, pop rivet gun, 1/8th bit (For rivets) and you will need a protractor for any angle other then 90 deg and an angle measurer for those obscure angles!

Last edited:
use pre manufactured on trunking, they look 100% neater than slef made, the only time you will need to do them yourself is if a corner is a mile out of square

You can't get any angles other the 90 or 45 off the shelf though, also if you have anything other then standard size trunking bends could have a lead time of 4 weeks! Try getting a 10x3 5 compartment 45 in a hurry!

Reply to new to trunking in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock