Discuss New toolbag suggestions? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D00DY_T00DY

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking at a new tool bag/tote.
Had my eye on a facom 20" tote with the hacksaw pocket and weatherproof cover, any good?

Anyone have any other suggestions for a new bag/tote (not a box please they're clunky and awkward)
Don't be throwing out ideas of a £200 bag not feeling that flush :D
Cheers

stanley fatmax tote in b&q for £20.
That's the bag I have now :D
But in grey. My second one but it's starting to fall apart :(
Looking for a rigid tote so my tools don't just get thrown in like I do now, just gave my bag a clear out and a clean; tried using the pockets but it just falls in on itself.

Getting to a job and throwing all my tools out to look for a chisel then throwing them back in after isn't my idea of fun lol

I had one of these before upgrading to a Veto.

Very good bag and would go back to it if I ever had an issue with the Veto that made it unusable.
Been trying to figure out if the front fits most hacksaws and not only a facom one?
I have an erwin and it's constantly on the top of all my tools and in the way

Just realised it was a link and not you saying you had a facom :D

Been trying to figure out if the front fits most hacksaws and not only a facom one?
I have an erwin and it's constantly on the top of all my tools and in the way

Just realised it was a link and not you saying you had a facom :D

Sorry, sneaky link! You can put stuff like hacksaws on the top of the lid of the Stanley one, the adjustable elasticated part is fairly universal.

Sorry, sneaky link! You can put stuff like hacksaws on the top of the lid of the Stanley one, the adjustable elasticated part is fairly universal.
Yeah, I was looking at a MOLLE bag to add bits on like armies use. Couldn't really find a nice sized duffle bag only backpacks.

Nice suggestion

That's the bag I have now :D
But in grey. My second one but it's starting to fall apart :(
Looking for a rigid tote so my tools don't just get thrown in like I do now, just gave my bag a clear out and a clean; tried using the pockets but it just falls in on itself.

Getting to a job and throwing all my tools out to look for a chisel then throwing them back in after isn't my idea of fun lol
I suppose the answer is don't throw your tools out, treat them with respect they are your livelyhood.

Yeah, I was looking at a MOLLE bag to add bits on like armies use. Couldn't really find a nice sized duffle bag only backpacks.

Nice suggestion

Only downside for me was due to the size if you aren't careful you'll overfill it and kill yourself trying to carry it! Handy for throwing a drill in or even an MFT on certain jobs. Can't remember if it came with a shoulder strap but fairly certain in could accommodate one.

Only downside for me was due to the size if you aren't careful you'll overfill it and kill yourself trying to carry it! Handy for throwing a drill in or even an MFT on certain jobs. Can't remember if it came with a shoulder strap but fairly certain in could accommodate one.
Tend to leave my drills in their box and don't have an MFT:D

Reviews on that site mentioned a lack of a shoulder strap. Could always Macgyver one on I suppose :D

My brother in law on site used to swear by a black plastic B&Q bucket, I go one better and use one these, sick to death of material totes which I think are fairly rubbish. You can add a few bits of conduit around the side to hold tools in with hot glue!

Dewalt DWST1-71228 Tstak Tool Carry Tote Tool Box – Twin Pack « Buyaparcel - https://www.buyaparcel.com/p/dewalt-dwst1-71228-tstak-tool-carry-tote-tool-box-twin-pack/?gclid=CjwKEAjw_uvHBRDUkumF0tLFp3cSJACAIHMYIqCXjz52kf1xiX2igbqd7Kaollc4PngMs_0wTEW8JhoC4U_w_wcB

Stanley FatMax Rucksack thing for me, I'm OCD with where my tools are, and at the end of a job, it's easy to see if anything's missing. I mainly work site but the guy I do a lot of domestic with has bought one too without any encouragement from me

I have the facom bst20pb and it's great. Not silly money and it's done me well for a long time now. I'm ocd too and like to see all my tools when working, and packing up so I done loose one.

had one of those ck magma bags for about a year. They are nice at first but tbh im getting a little sick of pushing pliers back into the elasticated compartments. The inside is quite large actually. One of the zips has bust however

Reply to New toolbag suggestions? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock