Discuss New trainee. Is 4 month training realistic to get qualified? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The initial payment was £750 and the rest is spread in 10 monthly instalments.
I think I still can get the refund.
I have spoken with advisor today and he said that I will receive a C&G acreditation and level 2 certyficate. And will be able to find job as a Electrician Mate or Improver and within a year I can go for NVQ level 3. And become qualified. When I asked if I be able to apply for CSCS /ECS card he told me that it is not point to apply for the card as I will not be able to work as an qualified Electrician.
Is there any thread on forum. Can I just du 17 edition and start looking for job as a Mate or improver?
I realy d'like to work in this industry and I would like to chose the best way to gain the best experience and be employable.

if you are going to obtain a 2365 level2, that's half way to level 3. this would then be followed by nvq3.

as it stands, you'd get a ecs/cscs card by passing a H&S exam. that's about £40. then you could get on site as unskilled, but could probably blagg agencies to be taken on as a mate. then you'd get the practical experience.

what tel said. electrical labourers ecs card for work as a mate. if the level 2 qualification isn't 2365 then forget it. part p and pat testing are a waste of money, but loads of places throw them in cheap to "bulk out" the "value" of the package. 17th edition would usually be a must and definitely help with agencies, but would it be better to hold off for the 18th now.. ? must be getting that way..

Is it worth to spent so much money just for level 2 ? Im aware that beginings will be tough And Agencies will be involved thats fine with Me as my goal will be NVQ level 3 and experience is crucial.

You'd be much better off finding a part time course at a local college. The sheet your provided doesn't list 2365 level 2 and I'd bet if that was what was on offer they'd be making a big fuss about it in the paperwork. A local college would cost a lot less and you'd be able to find work as labourer and then improver as described by others above. The course would take 9 months part time but you'd have a recognised qualification. You could then build on that will a level 3 course, AM2 etc. The qualifications you'd get on the Access course are intended as add-ons for existing electricians with installation experience. A lot of private training companies take advantage of loopholes provided by the schemes that "regulate" domestic work to sell these add-on courses as a route to being an electrician but if you do it most likely you'll come out feeling unprepared and possibly like you've been had (and if you don't you'll be one of the people that we all worry about irresponsibly doing shoddy domestic work and endangering your own and other people's lives).

Please see my previous comments on Access Training (use the search facility)
With hard work with books and online study aids away from their centres you could pass the exams they offer without going near a training centre. Therefore the cost is way OTT.
Follow the advice stated above re getting the right course/qualifications.
Access Training's business is based on miss selling a dream that you will walk out a fully qualified spark. Read the small print and do a lot of research on qualification.
From first hand experience, the classes are littered with disillusioned budding sparks. On top of that classes are poorly run and prepared, instructors are disillusioned and often in conflict with head office and what little equipment they have is badly maintained. Get your money back asap and look at college based courses and getting hands on asap.

Last edited:
I reckon it is possible to train someone to follow plans and wire new build houses or flats on sites, and only installing circuits designed by someone else, in four months.

Personally I think it took four years of apprenticeship and another four years working for the same company with my mentor to call on for help to get me to the point where I was ready to go self employed.

Reply to New trainee. Is 4 month training realistic to get qualified? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock