Discuss New wagobox-XL........ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Actually that is just what I need for a lighting box job with three lutron controls, oh hang on that wont work as the box has to have 20mm holes drilled to admit the lutron controls. Damn so close.

I think that enclosure will certainly have its uses. Much better than the annoyingly fiddly normal sized Wago boxes. I shall be buying half a dozen for the odd occasion here and there.

Thanks for the link Lee.

I am cynical Lee, what is the need for placing these connectors in their own compartments aside from neatness which you only see when you access it. Mind you they are cheap :D

That's exactly the same in many respects as keeping the inside of a CU neat. Obviously keeping the inside of a CU neat usually helps for testing etc in the future. If you were looking for a fault in that wago XL, it is much nicer to see what's going where with the cables neatly compartmented. Yes I did invent that last word (I think!)

I think that enclosure will certainly have its uses. Much better than the annoyingly fiddly normal sized Wago boxes. I shall be buying half a dozen for the odd occasion here and there.

Thanks for the link Lee.
Someone gave me a chocolate teapot once saying it would be useful.

I think it's a better concept than the small Wagobox in that you don't have to aim the cables directly at the terminals. You can snake from one side to the other to get some flexibility, avoid tension on the terminals, manoeuvre things into place better and leave service loops. I will probably get a few for interest's sake but seeing as I only normally get tools out to work pyro or steel conduit, I don't often use any sort of plastic junction box.

On the rare occasions my work isn't metalclad, I wire my junction boxes continental style which I find much more versatile and easier to maintain. They don't incorporate cable clamps as they are usually used with conduited cables, but one can easily fit glands through the knockouts for FP etc. You don't get a natty MF logo but you do get to see Wagos in their natural habitat. See Abzweigdose, Verbindungsdose, Verteilerdose verdrahten - Elektricks.com - http://elektricks.com/abzweigdose-verbindungsdose-verteilerdose-verdrahten/

The "natty" MF logo is nothing more than sales tactic, what realistically is the difference between the enclosures you demonstrate than the Wago ones, none.

Reply to New wagobox-XL........ in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock