Discuss Newbie to the site saying hi and looking for information please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob1

-
Reaction score
Hello to all sparks great and small

I stumbled upon your forum doing some searching and had a look aroused very impressed with the site you all seem honest and friendly. My name is Simon, I'm 33 and I'm from hinckley. In October 2000 I went college to complete year one 2360 and 7261 city and guilda and Passed it all half way through year 2 I had mum and dad both pass on very close to each other which stopped me in my tracks and couldn't finish due to emotional and financial reason. Since then I did warehouse work up until 10 years ago where I have been building various different types of control panels. Mainly for jaguar and land rover bur also for the food industry. As well as build them I have been on site a few times to modify mor fit said panels. Thing is tho I have gone as far as I can as I just follow drawings and don't actually understand many of the circuits apart from what I have taught myself and have recently really wanted to finish off what I started and become a domestic electrician. Question is am I too old? I'm am in the process of enquiring with my local college with regards to courses ect but would anyone take me on after I qualified at such a late stage and with only the theory and not much practical behind me? I am still very fit and active and a quick learner. Thank-you for taking the time to read and hi once again.

Welcome to the forum.

You are not too old to start, though the choices will be a liltle more limited.
Because you have practical experience of panel building, once you know the theory you should be able to explain a lot more of what you have been doing and so demonstrate to a potential employer your acquired skills and the "easy" transfer to the practicality of installation electrician duties.

Good luck and learn well.

Thank-you for your replies and inspiring information voltz and Richard burns. My local college have told me to go over today as the guys that run the course are in all day today so as soon as I finish work I'll be heading over and hopefully get this ball rolling again. Thanks again and this forum is a really good source of information guys been checking it out since first signing up. Keep up the good work

Hahaha I get turned on so easy these days looking at this forum is orgasmic :ihih: I've just finished work and of to college I go yayyy always said I'd like to go back to school see what arouses me there lol thanks for the warm welcome guys

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good guys on here. If you do happen to get any hassle just ignore it! Daz

This is a really inspiring read and really appreciate you sharing that. I have been booked to go to a careers meeting with the college on Thursday to discuss what actual courses I need to take in order to become an electrician so will know more then. Thank-you ks again

Welcome to the forum. I am new too and I am hoping to learn a few useful things for my career. This can really help me get ahead and ensure that i dont make any mistakes when I actually start working.
I have seen a lot of posts to do with what to use and what is bad and it is all quite interesting to see the support that comes in.

Reply to Newbie to the site saying hi and looking for information please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net