Discuss NIC Assessment on Friday - Health and Safety and documents needed? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Hi all.

Just reading through my NICEIC gubbins on what is required on Friday and noticed a couple of points. Such as my written health and safety policy and my risk assessments (neither of which i have) and also my regs book is Amendment 1 NOT Amendment 2.

Do we think i am going to get pulled on these?

I wasn't aware of needing RA's for working on domestic properties. I have only ever had to do them for a couple of commercial jobs.

Also any other advice would be very much appreciated. My inspection jobs are two rewires which i am going retesting and checking over tomorrow.

Pretty nervous about it to be honest.

Goon the NIC site they have a standard Health and Safety policy print it off and fill in the blanks inspector will be happy simples.
Also have calibration check schedule and customer complaints schedule both printable off NIC site. Job done.

Just had my renewal , all you need to do is go on the NIC website got to downloads and there you will find the risk assessment procedure and sheets and also a Heath and safety policy you can print out and then fill in the details , this satisfies the NIC man

Beat me to it...

That's Amendment 3 isn't it Murdoch :S Amendment 1 was 2011, 2 was 2013 and 3 being 2015.

Or am i really missing something!

Thanks for the very helpful replies!

Amendment 2 is a download only from the IET , but it won't let you print it of , just keep it on your desktop , it covers rechargeable vehicle points ,

Goon the NIC site they have a standard Health and Safety policy print it off and fill in the blanks inspector will be happy simples.
Also have calibration check schedule and customer complaints schedule both printable off NIC site. Job done.

I had to read that a couple of times i thought you were calling me a goon for not realising they were on the NIC site!

Cheers for the reply :)

That's Amendment 3 isn't it Murdoch :S Amendment 1 was 2011, 2 was 2013 and 3 being 2015.

Just goes to show how forgetable the recent updates are! This also applies to A3 due next year!

when did that happen? did i blink/fall asleep/ got piddled? or is it something the niceic made up, like they just make up their own version of the regs.

Just had my renewal , all you need to do is go on the NIC website got to downloads and there you will find the risk assessment procedure and sheets and also a Heath and safety policy you can print out and then fill in the details , this satisfies the NIC man

Beat me to it...
So they want you to have systems in place but give you them? Am I the only one who thinks this makes (another) mockery of the whole thing?

So they want you to have systems in place but give you them? Am I the only one who thinks this makes (another) mockery of the whole thing?

Thats about it really , I suppose when the guy arrives on your doorstep he might as well have it all with him and give you it , would save the hassle of you doing too much , and they could do a bit for their money...

I can't believe i have just got something right over you two...

Brought a tear to my eye. Today is a good day.

Nice.

I always remember the updated that require me spending money on a number of books so the downloadable one is easily forgotten.

Good luck Friday - I'm sure you will breeze through.

I'm 99% sure I'm off to Stroma in the Spring to save £200

Nice.

I always remember the updated that require me spending money on a number of books so the downloadable one is easily forgotten.

Good luck Friday - I'm sure you will breeze through.

I'm 99% sure I'm off to Stroma in the Spring to save £200

But they are only allowed 3 amendments before they release a new reg book which results in another round of 'update' courses.

Releasing an E update is a quick way for them to get the ball rolling to get another amendment out!

Thanks for the good luck. I looked at Stroma. I am honestly only going with the NIC because i feel like i have to.

I am looking forward to discussing a couple of local electricians with the guy and showing him a couple of horror photos, i still can't get over the power shower next to a CU and the live plug top that was a 'back up' system.

Both on the same job by an NIC contractor.

But they are only allowed 3 amendments before they release a new reg book which results in another round of 'update' courses.

Releasing an E update is a quick way for them to get the ball rolling to get another amendment out!

Thanks for the good luck. I looked at Stroma. I am honestly only going with the NIC because i feel like i have to.

I am looking forward to discussing a couple of local electricians with the guy and showing him a couple of horror photos, i still can't get over the power shower next to a CU and the live plug top that was a 'back up' system.

Both on the same job by an NIC contractor.

Maybe you should take him to "that" job as part of your inspection so the NIC chappie can see it first hand.... lol

Unfortunately it takes 15 minutes to drive up the customers drive. So the driveway alone would but that job out of the distance criteria!

Reply to NIC Assessment on Friday - Health and Safety and documents needed? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net