Discuss NIC assessment in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shaps100

Hi guys,
Quick hello this is my first thread.
Thought i would message as I have my first NIC domestic installer assessment beginning November so any advice welcome and previous experiences shared
Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

The NICEIC assessments are not really too taxing, but you do need to know you way around the building regulations and wiring regulations, even if only where to look things up if required.

Read the introductory information that details the paperwork, reference books, qualifications, insurances, calibrations and installation certificates that you will need to demonstrate and make sure you have them to hand.

Make sure your assessment jobs are correctly done and certified and that you will be able to access them on the day for demonstration. Know how to do the testing and what the test results mean.

Remember they are there to pass you and not fail you, so ask questions if you are unsure and get the right answers. It is also a chance to ask the assessor about items you may want to find out more about, always good to show you are keen.

Reply to NIC assessment in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A
Hi all I'm a junior sparky as I got called recently and I respect that given that I'm Domestic Installer and took my 18th etc a couple of years...
Replies
Views
Hi All Happy new year to all! First post but long timer lurker, so thanks for all the previous help! Just wanted to clarify something I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have my nic assessment on the 27th of this month its been a few years since we have had one due to covid and being to busy and our...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Is there a yearly NAPIT assessment?
Hi folks, been with NAPIT the last year, recently had an email saying my membership is due for renewal and the money would be taken soon, but no...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock