Discuss "Niceeic Registered" on an advertised job? Meaning ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
So maybe looking to move on from current position (work seems dead sadly at our firm). Looking at a role that suits me etc and i meet all there requirements and years of experience, management and supervisor experience etc etc.

But then it says under requirements "Must be NICEIC Registered", now to me as a 25+ years plus sparky thats always worked for a PAYE employer i think to myself 'only companies can be registered or at least sole traders, not prospective employees' ?

I will call and investigate the role tomorrow, but just wondered what you fellas take it to mean? Are they meaning Part P scheme (although the firms is mainly industrial / commercial so that seems odd).

Bit confused as how an individual (not self employed etc) can be "Niceic registered" is all, i got every other certificate and experience under the sun, just never been self employed etc so always worked for firms that themselves are registered.

Thanks

Last edited:
think you're right. some dumbo recriutment occifer has read somewhere that you can't be any good unless you're niceic approved.

It means the person writing the spec doesnt know what they are writing.

Meet NICEIC QS requirements, would be a better way of wording.

Possibly self employed working for a firm under cis. Expecting u to sign the work off under your sole trader business's niceic registration?

Possibly self employed working for a firm under cis. Expecting u to sign the work off under your sole trader business's niceic registration?
No need for the "?". Thats exactly what it is. Your name, your insurance, your ---.
Just re- read, quite suprised you say they mainly do industrial / commercial? These people get registered contractors in, slight difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Meaning ?" ....... that they want someone to carry the can for a load of crappy work done by others and to bear all the part p registration costs.........

avoid like the plague.

Anyways , im thoroughly bored already after only 5 mins scanning this site for the first time in months , especially since the 3000 club has died a death , so toodle pip. ;-)

Also sounds like a builder or contractor getting work in and subbing it out , and wants a NIC domestic installer to do the work certificate it them selves and get paid by the contractor with a big cut staying in the contractors pocket , or a builder wanting a NIC contractor to do their work ,
I suppose you have to ask why advertise and who was doing there work before and what happened ..

Reply to "Niceeic Registered" on an advertised job? Meaning ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock