Discuss NICEIC Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bonse

Hi everyone.

I am considering joining the NICEIC....

When it comes to the assesment can anyone take me through the requirements in a little more detail than on their website please?

I have the testers the calibration card and proving unit.

then theres the REGS book EAWR and onsite guide...

i have the public liability insurance.

With regard to complaint procedure, risk assessment and method statement.... are there any basic versions of these that can be adapted for use in every day situations.

im familiar with method statements and risk assessments but are there a required box standard approved template thats can be customised for each job ?

All responses will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Darren

Good stuff mate, your get a good grilling, they don't play games, you have to know your stuff lol

Give them a ring and they will send out all the information.

Ill put up some info tomorrow, keep an eye out for IQ his company is fullscope as well.

I'm off for now.

Alright mate Ill give this a bump so I see it later on today.

Also don't forget to be a QS for NICEIC Fullscope Approval, you have to have to be a Fully Qualified Electrician :) no mickey mouse qualifications.

Right mate you say no mickey mouse qualifications....

I have year one certificate for 236 part 1 (im told this is still relevant)
i also have 2391, 2382-10, part-p and i am currently wading my way through the 2356

Been around since 1994 worked on all kinds of sites in all kinds of containment and cabling.

Apart from the AM2 which my assessor says i may not need with my experience and the afore mentioned qualifications for a jib gold card (Hoping he is right!). do you foresee any issues i might encounter?

Thanks

Darren

Had a scan through, cant see anything other than qualified supervisor requirements....

i have everything it mentions there or am i looking at the wrong bit?

Darren

If the 17th and 2391 is all they want, then good stuff mate. It was 11 years ago when I done the QS bit and then the 16th and 2391 was not enough, so they must of relax it a bit.

Make sure you have at least 5 jobs they choose from and they will want to see commercial/light industrial, not just domestic T+E stuff. Make it clear you supplied the materials and as well as your labour

Get everything in place, books, insurance everything they mention, because they don't mind a revisit and I'm not sure if they try and push a day on you.

You have to be spot on with everything it not just about the work and testing, its the whole package of being a bona fide outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks very much....

the only think i realise i dont have is the fact we have not been trading 6 months yet.

but apart from that i rekon everything should be ok.

Seems this forum is the place to come for info and will remember it

darren

Reply to NICEIC Assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net