Discuss NICEIC site assessment pass..... what now? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

daveb

-
Reaction score
So I had my very first office and site assessment today which I'm pleased to say I've passed and the assessor said he will put in the report as a pass. Which is good, but....

He says that his report goes into the NICEIC and from there they will look at it and be in touch when it is internally verified.

I expected to know today one way or the other - now it looks like I have between 4-6 worrying to do to make sure their internal team will pass it??

Anyone have experience of this?

Don't worry about it.If the assessor said you have passed then it's only the office work that has to be done at their end.Did you go for domestic or approved installer?

Also well done.It's very nerve wrecking isn't it!

Thanks Bob - I'm based in Scotland so I believe it just falls under the approved category.

I'm just worried they request a site example with an EIC or something rather than just minor works. I know it'll probably be fine - just hoped today was the last hurdle.

Yes it was very nerve racking however I couldn't have asked for a better, nicer guy. Managed to learn a few good pointers from him today too.

Don't worry about it mate you have passed. I have my yearly assessment in 3weeks and apparently there is a new guy working my area and he's already built himself a reputation of being an arse!

Don't worry about it mate you have passed. I have my yearly assessment in 3weeks and apparently there is a new guy working my area and he's already built himself a reputation of being an arse!
Bribery! Just so happen to get a sarnie as he turns up on site. Should make him sweet;)
"Oh totally forgot I had an assessment today, got two sandwiches like I ALWAYS do, one you like one?"

How I've made it this far in my course :D

I only received one technical non conformance but it was out of my hands. The house is empty and has previously installed some new sockets in the living room. All my tests were spot on at the time and obtained similar continuity tests on the L-L and N-N. however, it was clear the plasterer had been in since I was there as I pulled the sockets off and behind them were covered in dry plaster. First job to show the assessor and could have died. Assured him that this wasn't the case previously with the readings but he still had to note it as a technical non conformance. He said that there's probably a chance that moisture had gotten in or they had pulled forward sockets elsewhere in the house. Not good - was on edge as it was. L-L was 0.89 and N-N was 0.45 which was incorrect from last time
1f615.png

16 minutes ago · More

No mate, I'm sure they have to go with the Assessors view, and you had a good reason to explain those funny end to end readings, don't worry it'll be fine.

I take it that even though the assessor passed me, the internal verification process won't fail me on a technical non conformance?
Stop worrying they just check all the the info the assessor passes back is correct.

Don't worry mate , that is out of your control , you cannot be held responsible to interference after you have left the job.
No one would believe that you would take an assessor to a job knowing it to be like that. :)

Reply to NICEIC site assessment pass..... what now? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net