Discuss NICEIC Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

Just thought id let you know I have just booked to upgrade my NICEIC membership to Approved :)

I can remove those god awful DI signs off my van then!

Well you will get some bashing for this thread for sure, but not from me. If you become an Approved contractor and get 5 million PL insurance and adhere to all the rules they have, plus join the ECA and construction line and start pricing commercial works you may well become a decent electrical contractor who gains respect and merit. It is tough out there for proper companies and as you are intending to leave the DI system which is a total farce and move up the ladder Uk sparks I genuinely wish you the very best of luck and success, please try to employ apprentices if your company does grow and put something back into the industry, good luck and my best wishes.

Thank you MDJ, I do intend to still do a lot of Domestic work, but its going to help me get a foot in the door with more Commercial stuff, plus I wont look like a DI plonker who may also me a Electrical Trainee. Just makes me a little more credible. I have got a lad I have taken on, and he is certainly staying with me for the foreseeable future.

Just as many 5WWs with AC status. It means diddly squat. Chequebook competence is all it is. Pay a little more and have AC on yer van instead of DI. Me, well, if they want me to display their logo on my van, they're gonna have to pay for the advertising space!!

I can see this thread getting Messy, NIceic+Beer+friday night= FUN

lol, makes me look less of a cowboy.

Interesting concept that you somehow become more 'competent' and less of a 'cowboy' going from 'DI' to 'Contractor'.

Has your baseline electrical skill set changed to enable you to do this upgrade, or do you still change a plug the same way?!?

I'd been waiting to get my 2395 result as they wouldn't take me without it.

I appreciate it's all a ECM, but at the end of the day, if I am not in one, I won't be doing much work and won't be able to notify for a quid...

i agree that there probably is a lot a AC who are cowboys, but I'm sure you will agree that it looks better than it saying "Domestic Installer"

Interesting concept that you somehow become more 'competent' and less of a 'cowboy' going from 'DI' to 'Contractor'.

Has your baseline electrical skill set changed to enable you to do this upgrade, or do you still change a plug the same way?!?

I think my view and possibly a lot of others is that if you are AC not DI then you are probably at a better level and possibly less likely to be a Electrical Trainee. Everyone on here slates domestic installers and says how you are either approved or not, so my view is that I don't want to be associated with the term domestic installer.

Everyone on here slates domestic installers and says how you are either approved or not

No no no, you're either QUALIFIED or you're not. There isn't such a thing as a domestic installer, it's just a meaningless badge given to you be a corporate entity, just as meaningless as being given an approved contractor badge by the same cartel. The only approved contractor is a JIB one.

I appreciate it's all a ECM, but at the end of the day, if I am not in one, I won't be doing much work and won't be able to notify for a quid...

Now you're talking. If you can grasp the intricacies of electronic counter measures this electrical stuff is a piece of p*ss!

..... I'm sure you will agree that it looks better than it saying "Domestic Installer"

Depends how much you are driven by the image. If you are competent and capable .......

Reply to NICEIC Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock