Discuss Niceic v's the rest in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I was just thinking of changing to NICEIC just to see if it gets me more mork.

But i dont think i will now.

If i was you i would join the NICEIC, its true not everyone has heard of it but a hell of a lot of estate agents insist on it nowadays, My customers like the 6 year backed guarantee that comes with the NIC.
All my government/Council work insist on it .

I have never gone to a job and the customer turns round and say i dont want NICEIC i was hoping for a napit engineer. I swear i have only ever been asked if i was NIC,

I was just thinking of changing to NICEIC just to see if it gets me more mork.

But i dont think i will now.

I'm thinking that it may be Stroma for me next year - on the basis that they are £200 cheaper per year.

I think im going to switch to NIC, never heard of stroma ???

- - - Updated - - -

And on another note, NAPIT are ****ing crap , even their customer service is useless,

We are with the BSI and have done plenty of County Council work and work in many Universities. It has never been a problem. Even if the spec requets an NICEIC registered sparks, once you tell them there is no real difference it is fine. The BSI will even step in if it is really needed.

When we first started with them, (not sure when, but easily over 5 years) convincing the council was a little harder, but with a little education ;) they have got it now

GAZJ82 you just answered the problem, you had to stand there and explain why you didnt need the NICEIC, and your right but why suffer all that nonsense join NICEIC and never get asked that question .

Its simple

GAZJ82 you just answered the problem, you had to stand there and explain why you didnt need the NICEIC, and your right but why suffer all that nonsense join NICEIC and never get asked that question .

Its simple

Because the Nic have to much power over the industry. Why follow like a sheep. The kite mark looks nice on our vans. The Nic like to add there own silly rules to bs7671 . I could probably think of some more reasons with more time. But each to his own :)

It's up to the individual but as I've said us sheep never get questioned where as you leaders always have to explain to the public. I need to work each day and not waste time explaining to people why they should use another body.

we pay a similar amount of money to join similar schemes,all for the same purpose,to be noted as a competent electrician who,s work is as safe and good as the next bloke,wether he,s in the eca,elecsa,niceic,napit ,or bsi and I go and test my cousins garden centre for insurance purposes,a week later he rings me up and says "sorry mate but my insurance company wont accept that cert you gave me as its not from the nic". and since then ive had it a few times with other insurance companies. utter and complete waste of time getting registered if you ask me.from now on I wont be joining any governing body to do electrical work or eicr,s.

Reply to Niceic v's the rest in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock