Discuss No Certificate For New Electrics And Local Authority Demands in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just to throw this in the mix:

My own policy is to not issue certs until full payment has been received I also get all part-p certs sent to my address and send them on with any certs.

Did your sparky mention anything about that?

Regards.

My own policy is to not issue certs until full payment has been received I also get all part-p certs sent to my address and send them on with any certs.

Regards.

ditto , always two sides to a story

Question to T Mess:

Did the homeowners original planning consent include the electrics?
Did the sparky give the home owner any certifcates?

Sorry if I've missed these facts but the thread is long winded.

If he is with the NICEIC then make an official complaint. That's partly why they exist and charge huge fees

Oh dear, .....I think your going to be sadly disappointed if you really believe that any of these scheme providers, are going to do anything to help others. Be it it's members, or the members customers.... Now on the other hand, if an electrician is using the schemes logo illegally, ...then you will see some pronto action, but allas not on the customers behalf!! lol!!!

think this whole thread is like the pics of that duchess whatever her title is, topless. making mountains out of molehills. get a local registered spark in th add an extra socket and give you a minor works cert. end of.

The other thing is dont worry as the job is not complete yet so no certs need to go to LBC, why say you, well the job is not complete due to the fact the sparks has not yet issued you with the certificate, or the body to whom he is registerd with. and he has not said he is holding the cert back for any reasons has he. tell building control to go and do one.
I don't follow. If LABC don't receive a certificate, then the entire job will not be signed off by them, which will result in one very unhappy customer and leaves our reputation on the line...

Regards.
He did not mention anything along these lines. On top of which we did agree payment post certification.

Question to T Mess:

Did the homeowners original planning consent include the electrics?
Did the sparky give the home owner any certifcates?

Sorry if I've missed these facts but the thread is long winded.
There was no original planning application, but a building control application which merely stated 'garage conversion'. Logic would state that any garage conversion would include an element of electrical work.
The homeowner has not received any certificates. They would have come to us first.

Quite a few of you have mentioned getting a minor works certificate. However, Building Control have always asked for a Part P certificate. Where do we legally stand in terms of refusing to give them a Part P certificate (because we can't in our current situation) and offering them a minor works certificate instead? What is the difference between the two certificates in the first place?

The electrician will issue a either a Minor works which what yours is or a Electrical Instalation Certificate.

There is no such thing as a part P certificate.

As already stated if the work is notifiable then the elctricans scheme in your case the NICEIC will inform the LABC that the work has beed done as per the part P building regs !

I don't follow. If LABC don't receive a certificate, then the entire job will not be signed off by them, which will result in one very unhappy customer and leaves our reputation on the line...

then just pay the damn fee if your customers satisfaction and company reputation is worth more than £400.
sometimes the path of least resistance is best if you dont want to tie up endless hours of hassle sorting this out.
then you can move on and learn for the next time you have to deal with the part p process.

A "part certificate " does not really exist. if you employ a part p registered electrician he is allowed to self certify his work to building control within 30 days of completion of the works. Building control will then sign the work off and issue the customer with a completion certificate. The spark does not need to send an EIc to building control as that goes to the person ordering the work.

The other route is to notify BC twenty four hours before work commences and pay a notification fee. BC may then decide to take copy of the certificate from a competent person or oversee the work themselves .ie first and second fix inspections. then on completion you will get a compliance certificate. This is not conclusive and the terminology may be incorrect because I'm tired lol.

It's taken so long to get this up on 3 you lot have said it all.

then just pay the damn fee if your customers satisfaction and company reputation is worth more than £400.
sometimes the path of least resistance is best if you dont want to tie up endless hours of hassle sorting this out.
then you can move on and learn for the next time you have to deal with the part p process.

Agree with you biff. I have already said that not having to pay the electrician should cover this, and many of us have explained that there is no such thing as a "part P certificate" issued by the sparky, even if the work is notifiable.
I can't believe this thread is still going....

Reply to No Certificate For New Electrics And Local Authority Demands in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock