Discuss No incoming fuse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

everyidhasgone

Hi,

I own a flat, and the electric supplier want to replace the meter as its really old. They have sent round two different guys to swap the meter but couldn't proceed as they say they cant isolate the power.
Ive attached some pictures of the board. Indeed there is no main fuse not that's visible. Would it be behind this box where a fuse would be?

I spoke with the freeholder who says there's no central point for the flats so wondered if anyone has seen this setup before.

Much appreciated.

No incoming fuse photo (9).JPG - EletriciansForums.net

No incoming fuse photo (10).JPG - EletriciansForums.net

wherever that cable going into the right hand side of that 'seeboard' box goes- will be where the main head fuse- in a communal cupboard- or if you are not on the ground floor- you possibly share the same incoming head as the flat below your- and the main fuse may be in that flat

the meter guy should of known this...

Hi,

I own a flat, and the electric supplier want to replace the meter as its really old. They have sent round two different guys to swap the meter but couldn't proceed as they say they cant isolate the power.
Ive attached some pictures of the board. Indeed there is no main fuse not that's visible. Would it be behind this box where a fuse would be?

I spoke with the freeholder who says there's no central point for the flats so wondered if anyone has seen this setup before.

Much appreciated.

View attachment 30314

View attachment 30315

Hum.... I'd be looking for the cupboard where the communal supply/board is!

thats great thanks for your input. Ill try and trace back the incoming power cable. I fear that it disappears under the front cladding though.
Cheers

There is are no communal areas. The flats are above some shops, but each has there own entrance. There is also a flat above mine.

It is not your problem it should be the electricity supplier to sort out, they may need to have a chat with UK power networks. You might like to suggest to them that they might want to take a look at the shop electricity meter, I suspect the other end of that cable is close by, or look for a metal box on the outside of the property.

I'd bet now the M.I cable feeding your flat runs from the shop below, thats where the intake is and most probably your fuse with the Pyro pot hanging in free air like they normally are!!

Reply to No incoming fuse in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock