Discuss No Power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky928

Went to a job just a minute ago, there was no power in the shop, checked the service cut out all ok. The meter light is on, tested the the main switch no power.

What happened is that the bloke that owns the shop tried to add a second ccu he went from the existing ccu to a henley block but put all the lines and neutrals in the same bar of the henley block. Obviously the henley block aint in that mess now.

So with the tests i have done it must be the meter he has damaged?

if you have volts into the meter and no volts out, looks like a new meter is on the cards.

grab a non-contact voltage tester and trace where the live gets missing.
maybe last guy working there was drunk or stupid and forgot to strip the cable going into henley block?

There must have been one hell of a bang at some point if he had L and N joined at the Henley block!
Unless it's one of the self connect meters with the integral isolator which has been turned off?

If it's a relatively new meter with comms they have an internal remote disconnect contactor that if subject to a fault or a surge can drop out. They are designed to allow meters to be left installed but the customer de-energised such as on a warrant job. If it's an EDMI MK7 or MK10 that's the most likely fault.

Dont know whats happened as suggested suspect the intergral meter isolator (if fitted) or meter open circuit BUT WE HAVE ONE STUPID BUT LUCKY SHOP OWNER who has been spared a fire and copper shower by the fault:66::66:

To the Kyle have a good :party:21 party:hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought i'll let you all know that it was the meter that was gone. He had a new meter put in on Monday morning. Strange the meter went not the supplier's fuse

Hi all,

I've been asked to replaced a consumer unit and obviously when you replace a consumer unit you do a Electrical installation cert but a periodic report cert has been issued in October 2016, is there any point in doing an electrical installation cert?

Hi all,

I've been asked to replaced a consumer unit and obviously when you replace a consumer unit you do a Electrical installation cert but a periodic report cert has been issued in October 2016, is there any point in doing an electrical installation cert?
Why are you being asked to replace the CU, what does the EICR say about the CU?

Hi all,

Is this question real?

Have you asked your scheme?

Reply to No Power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net