Discuss no supply on part of ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If this is a ring there may de another break somewhere. As said in earlier post if you get 1 break in a ring functionally everything will continue working and you wouldn't be aware. It takes the second break for you to notice. I would recommend getting the circuit tested.
Or open all remaining sockets to check tightness of screws. But please turn off power first as you stated the light flickered when you opened one of the sockets up. Safety first, best not work live.

Edit: sorry teletrix you beat me to it.

Could have been terminated and not tightened from the off, only when you disconnected it did the loose connection come to light.

One loose connection would not render a number of sockets dead ... so you have:

a 2nd fault
a spur off the ring with several sockets
a radial circuit

PS connections do get loose over many years ..

When I was a lad we did loads of council house wiring,all in a hard days work,the old boy sparky had the habit of wiring a ring,then another ring going nowhere,so when we powered up only half would work,thinking back how on earth did he manage to do that,pretty annoying,but it happened quite regular,laughing now but not then..ha ha

One loose connection would not render a number of sockets dead ... so you have:

a 2nd fault
a spur off the ring with several sockets
a radial circuit

PS connections do get loose over many years ..
Tell that to the NICEIC and the London Fire Brigade

Reply to no supply on part of ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. Having a weird problem in a house that has suddenly happened. One half of the ring main has 240ish volts (fluctuates of course), and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I am looking to add 4 additional sockets for a room that is being converted for a bed ridden person. The room at present has no sockets in...
Replies
Views
Hope you're all well . I've had ring door bell 2nd generation hardwired for 1.5 yrs... it was connected to transformer which is connected to the...
Replies
Views
Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock