Discuss No work out there in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Sutton

Hi all

Ive just been reading some posts and seen a load of comments about there being no work out there. In the city of London there is load of work going on ive had a few weeks where ive worked 7days a week. Also theres agencys that can you find you work i think you just gotta no where to look. It just makes are trade what is a difficult trade to prove youself in sound dead which it isnt.

It's dead in Leeds at the moment, wish I lived in London (never thought I'd hear myself say that).

I'll second that!
There's jack s**t around Leeds and surrounding areas at present
Even tried getting back on books but most are saying there short of work too

Dark times

Well Malcolm as an ex Londoner, you should well be aware of the old saying that 'if you're tired of London, then you're tired of life', well mate |I am well and truely tired of London.

Well gents even if I did land a job in London it would have to be fantastic pay. Not because its working away or that I'm greedy. It's the price of travel and accommodation, specially in London.

At a guess what would you say a weeks b&b, taxi's/parking, food and travel 440 miles round trip from Leeds would cost? Then on top of that bring home money to pay the mortgage bills etc! The good old days of working away like this are well and truly finished seeing as agencies and companies alike are paying less than ÂŁ15 ph with no overtime rate or bonuses. As the title says "no work out there".

I do travel in i pay ÂŁ4000 per year 4 hours a day travel. Agencies and companies paying less then ÂŁ15 ph i never heard of that one mate new one on me?

Paul and Newsome,

You aren't looking in the right places, there is loads of work in Leeds but you need to go looking for it.
Get some door knocking done in offices and warehouses etc, what about ringing rental agencies up, in another couple of months the student houses will start to empty and work will come available, I have already got a full July and August with PIR's in and around Headingley.

I am nothing out of the ordinary, and if i am busy then anyone can be.

If you are quiet it is because you want to be, sorry to be so blunt, but i cant word it any other way.

Cheers.........Howard

No need to be sorry to me about being blunt Howard. I must be looking in the wrong places lately as nothing seems to be out there but only this morning I got a call that has made my day, fingers crossed that it turns out to be a good few months work.

i spent almost 4 years attending college in the evenings, i am now qualified electrician with 2391 and nvq level3. i now regret and i wish i had trained to install boilers.

The going rate for agency work around london is good around ÂŁ18.00 ph all depends on the agency and company your working for sometimes you can be on alot more per hour. I think its best to get with a company and get on the big contracts as the work is safe and you know your get ya money at the end of the month

Reply to No work out there in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net