Discuss Not so smart ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is only one reason why they would want to introduce smart meters ?
Because it means more profit for them !
Now they can start charging you more for power during peak periods.
More profits for them means more money you will be paying.
Count on it,
The vast majority will end up paying more !

We had a letter last year saying our meter was old and needed replacing .... A very long letter outlining the virtues of smart meters.... Plus a single line saying we didn't have to have one......so we have a shiny new dumb meter....

:) That made me smile, a shiny new dumb meter will do for me as well.
Maybe we should all start a let's keep dumb meters, movement.

Apologies for jumping down your throat the other day buddy, there was no need for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
if something sound too good to be true then it's probably is. I'm just cynical I guess, but i don't believe for one second that energy companies are doing this to save their customers money, after all money you save is money they lose.

If asked by customers about Smart meters, I always advise against having them.... until the providers can:

1. Prove they are accurate
2. You don't need a meter change when you want to change suppliers

Simples

Until then a shiny new "old" meter is the way to go.

Had mine fitted this week its a good thing IMO as i can now see what im using and when the misses is in the shower i now know when to flick the mcb off at the board when shes using to much electric as it tells me how much its costing me LOL .
Maybe another reason for the install is to enable the suppliers to lay off loads of meter readers as they no longer need to read my meter or any others that have had smart meters installed.

search

Reply to Not so smart ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock