Discuss Not such good tray work. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

High Tower

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
So working in. Shopping centre and admiring the awfull tray work in the carpark.

Look what I found, this is the 11kv tri for the TX. Nice!!, think its safe to say that in this case the tray bond was required.
3y9ujesu.jpg

The cable istallation is bloody terrible!!

they should be securely cleated and if triplex is used, special cleats are available, that maintain the twist of the trefoil.
id be ashamed to leave that!

The cable istallation is bloody terrible!!

they should be securely cleated and if triplex is used, special cleats are available, that maintain the twist of the trefoil.
id be ashamed to leave that!

Oh the cleats are up there but only maintaining the tri. It's just lying on the tray not even bothered with zip ties

It would have taken longer to put the earth link on than it would have done to cut the flange and bolt the two trays together. :frown:

So working in. Shopping centre and admiring the awfull tray work in the carpark.

Look what I found, this is the 11kv tri for the TX. Nice!!, think its safe to say that in this case the tray bond was required.
3y9ujesu.jpg

Ive seen worse M8 TBH, it isn't great admittedly, but not a gasp situation IMO, although a rough Job.

Totally down to the site supervision, both from the contractors themselves, and the clients supervision!! Or should i say the LACK of it!!! lol!! The installation as shown, is a potential disaster waiting to happen to be honest!!

The worrying point of this installation for the 11KV cables, is that MV cables don't like any areas of ''point pressure''. It can/will over time create a weakness at that point, where the higher voltage can penetrate the insulation to the semi conductive layer and on to the copper screening foils/tapes and beyond!! Seen this phenomena with MV/HV cables a good few times before. The problem is not so much the metal tray slightly penetrating the PVC over-sheath, it's the voltage trying to break through any weakness in the boundaries put in place to contain that voltage!! It's not as simple as your normal LV cable situations!!

Reply to Not such good tray work. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net