Discuss Oil central heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
My 2 Channel time clock won't turn the heating or hot water off , does the mean a valve is sticking and back feeding to the other valve and leaving the
Buttons on the time clock useless

My 2 Channel time clock won't turn the heating or hot water off , does the mean a valve is sticking and back feeding to the other valve and leaving the
Buttons on the time clock useless
Can you switch to manual and check that the temperature controls are working without the time clock?

All I done was listened for the click of the stats. It would be surprising if both stats that are controlling the valves to be faulty at same rime

I'm all ears lad
Do you have seperate valves for the heating and hot water? If you do it would be strange for both to be going as the switch live (brown) is completely seperate from the micro switch in the valve. The micro switch is between grey (perm live) and orange (switch live to boiler). When 230v is applied to the brown it spins the motor which then pushes an arm against the micro switch which closes the switch between grey and orange. Easiest way to test for a dodgy valve is to seperate the oranges, turn programmer off and see what valve has voltage on the orange but no voltage on the brown.

Aye two channel, two valves , all I did was swap the the timeclock over as was old , but it did the same thing of both channels on and won't turn off

Reply to Oil central heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, hope you all had a good xmas. Got called around to change over an old style pin type thermostat to a hive one for a family member...
Replies
Views
I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
Hi, I realise this is an electrical forum and not plumbing, but was wondering if somebody could help. My heating is not working and the heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my house has an air-to-heat system that generates hot water in a boiler. This boiler is then connected to the central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock