Discuss OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi guys.
I too was told I could take as long as I like to complete the course.
I told the salesman it suited me due to my working days/nights/7 day weeks and could not commit to a structured course.
Now I'm out a lot of money and am still paying it off.

Just a reminder to all former OLCI students who are waiting for info from ERR, the action group on Facebook will soon be closed to people wishing to join from Sunday 31st August. If you want to be involved in the group and would like to make your points before we consider any legal options i would urge you to join. Currently we have almost 35 members and this is growing steadily, once we have closed the invite option no more people can join, this is to prevent repeating details once we start sorting our options.

The group name is on Facebook and you can find it by typing in - OLCI/ERR Students

Please note it is case sensitive so type it as you see above.

Many thanks.

Hi all,
I am in the same situation as everyone here!
I signed up to olci fully qualified electrician course finished all my level 3 and had my nvq brief then olci went bust. I emailed err and olci to find out how I was meant to be moving forward however still no reply from anyone! I contacted city and guides to be told that err were doing their best! I finally got a number for a lady call myra from err to be told that they have lost my level 3 stuff and to move forward re read the book and do it again! Luckily I recorded everything I had done and asked for a list of what was missing, I asked for the missing work assignment numbers to be sent to me so I could send in copies and still nothing! To say I am getting very annoyed now is an understatement. Not sure if anyone else found that on signing up were promised £1500 off courses then £1000 off further qualifications so in total £2500 brilliant the only problem is know one wants to honour it! Has anyone found a way of moving forward? Unfortunately I am not on Facebook, is there any way of adding in with the group just via email?

Thanks
will

also in the same boat chaps ..i paid in full 6k for the 2365 lvl3 and the 2357 ..solar and pat
just got a letter from err .. asking me to prove i paid .. also that i need to send a copy of me enrollment form to prove i was on the course .... so i have sent the things they asked for just feel as if they are trying to wiggle out of it..i did pay via credit card so im hoping that i might be able to get my money back .. high hopes..:\..
iv applied to join your olci/err students facebook as well ..

Ok Thats the group page closed to further applications, thanks to those who have joined, we have over 60 members now and the work starts now. Apologies to those who didn't/couldn't join the group.

We will keep you posted.

Have this very morning received welcome letter and course materials from ERR. So able to complete course, starting with a 2 day practical 'mop up'? Set dates which I'm not to happy about as with the nature of my current job I am unable to take days of (teacher). There is light at the end of the tunnel, hope this info helps

alright guys. i was a student with olci but was paying as i was going, didnt pay it in 1 lump sum. just had OLCI on the phone saying that i still owe them money evan tho they had gone into administration. i dont want to pay them anythin as they havent giveme any course material or been able to book anythin in the last year. All i have had is a domestic installer course booklet and cd which was not the course i was doing, any ideas and advice would be great

It should not have been them on the phone. It may have been the administrators but I doubt it. Do nothing, pay nothing, admit nothing.
Come back to us when you have something in writing.

they were calling from olci ltd, which is the new company which has been set up in scotland, they say ERR are dealing with the training and they are dealing with the finance.
the lady on the phone was not helpful at all and just said that if i didnt pay they would be handing it over to a debt colectors as what they have done is fully legal and the contract which i signed needs to be upheld.
but they havent upheld there part of the deal

OLCI are in administration mate, all their staff will have been paid off and their affairs are being dealt with by an accountancy company.
This OLCI are no doubt acting illegally so let them turn it over to debt collectors. You can deal with it properly when you get something in writing. My advice still stands, do nothing, say nothing, pay nothing.
Get back to us when the debt collector's letter lands on the mat. I doubt it ever will.

Besides, if this is a new OLCI then how can you owe them money. Your agreement was with the old OLCI. They're trying to scare you mate, don't fall for it.

That's just admin, all bets are off once the counting's done to Yes!

Hi I have only just found this today. Am I eligible to join the FB group? I & my wife paid approx £6K upfront to OLCI. We are devastated! Can't get in contact with either them or ERR. Has anybody made any progress yet? This is my future going down the pan!
Thanks

Hey Guys,

They are sorting it! I was transferred to ATL from OLCI. It took a lot of hard work my end, being persistent but think I got lucky because I could slot in to a space that had become available. The tutor I spoke to also had to appeal to the principal to get me on the course due to my higher grades which will keep their average up!

Although ERR are useless the good news is now I am training with ATL they have been great, sending out loads of materials of much better quality then OLCI and the support has been amazing as well.

The grass is greener in the long run but I do feel I rang and got the right person at the right time and struck lucky. There is an incredible number of students for them to sort through and work out where everyone is with their qualifications.

Big thank you to ATL for helping me and to everyone waiting, the best of luck!

Hey Guys,

They are sorting it! I was transferred to ATL from OLCI. It took a lot of hard work my end, being persistent but think I got lucky because I could slot in to a space that had become available. The tutor I spoke to also had to appeal to the principal to get me on the course due to my higher grades which will keep their average up!

Although ERR are useless the good news is now I am training with ATL they have been great, sending out loads of materials of much better quality then OLCI and the support has been amazing as well.

The grass is greener in the long run but I do feel I rang and got the right person at the right time and struck lucky. There is an incredible number of students for them to sort through and work out where everyone is with their qualifications.

Big thank you to ATL for helping me and to everyone waiting, the best of luck!

Hi can you give a bit more info please? Who are ATL? What number did you ring to speak to someone? Sorry to ask a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net