Discuss Old conduit thread size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bob_T

Hi,

I don't have much electrical knowledge so am looking to get some advice

Does anyone know if old conduit loop in boxes take a different size screw than m4. I tried an m4 brass screw but this was too small - not sure if it is just damaged threads or if a different size screw used to be used.

Thanks

Old boxes use a 2ba screw size which would be slightly larger than m4.

Now where can he store the other 48?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were the days. Domed head 2ba.

When I was starting up in the game in the early 70's my tool box always had a selection of 3/4"male -20mm female and 3/4" female-20mm male adapters for conduit they were a must have...bet there not around much nowadays...ha..ha..good old days before Brown/Black & Grey

Hi all

I carry a good few 3/4" & 1" lock rings and bushes. A good few 2BA x 1" pins too. Changing boards on metal trunking I still fit and carry 2",2 & 1/2", and 3" bushes to fit the new DB to the old metalwork.

Cheers
CW

Shoot me down if I am wrong but weren't some of the BESA box threads prior to 2BA, 3/16" BSW (Whitworth)?

Shoot me down if I am wrong but weren't some of the BESA box threads prior to 2BA, 3/16" BSW (Whitworth)?
Could well be. Whenever we had a problem we'd go to the Little Red Shop on Gt Hampton St Hockley Birmingham, or Whites in Summer Lane, show them a thread and they'd fetch you a greased paper bag from the back with just what you needed. sold by weight.
My old man went into the Little Red Shop in 1985 and the bloke behind the counter said "Hello Ron, you still at Sothers? He said "No, I left in 1964!"
CW.

Reply to Old conduit thread size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an older Crouse Hinds board with a 200A service. Due to recent rehab on the house, I found I have the need to install a sub panel. I...
Replies
Views
I am going to need to install a small amount of galvanised steel conduit, leading down to perhaps 4 sockets and a light switch. This is in a...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for reading this. Ive been asked to look at a job where the DNO connection (single phase 80A TT) is a long run to the final circuits...
Replies
Views
hi. would appreciate advice from any electricians. am trying to replace a 13amp [35 year old MK] wall socket but the terminal cage in all the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock