Discuss Old installation query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

boffy35

Hi All,

I have a quick question for our older colleagues. What was the name of the old metal cable clips/bands that were used in houses to clip the cables, the ones you nailed then wrapped the metal tie around and through itself like a belt buckle, and do you know when they were phased out?

I have a project in a fire damaged property and would like to estimate the age of the installation by the photographs I took before the clean up. I won't b able to check the actual cables to age the installation as they will be removed in the clean-up.

Cheers

Boffy

as spiks says. think they were phased out around early 70's when the plastic clips became the norm, alond with hand made wooden wall plugs.

Still say they made a far neater/tidier job than the plastic things we have today!! You could put the whole line of buckle clips in, (using whatever fixing was needed, straight nails, obo nails, even small flat head screws), then cable up.

And if anyone comes across any for sale please let me know! They'd be great in timber frame where you need to double 6242Y on top of each other when Celotex is in the way!!

Reply to Old installation query in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, newly qualified spark here I went to a job earlier today where the fan was not running on after light had been turned off. Whilst...
Replies
Views
I'm in the middle of preparing a quote for installing 12 x 3Kw and 4 x 2Kw halogen heaters in a church. The system design was provided by a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Testing question for you. I'm currently testing an existing domestic installation. The wiring is about 20-25 years old. We have rewired...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Sorry for all the questions. With he help of a friend, I recently installed some insulation into my mother's loft. Whilst adding...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock