Discuss Old Sparky introduction. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mark Tyson

Hi, just registered on this forum. I have been in the electrical/security industry since leaving school
in 1980. Served my time at a medium sized electrical/security firm in West Yorkshire, then went self employed in 1986 right up to present. I was NICEIC from 1989 - 2002, but had moved most of my trade into installing/maintaining intruder systems so joined the security inspectorate body and dropped out of the NIC. I still do small electrical jobs, but not rewiring or consumer units these days.
I am going to be looking at some advice on electrical wiring, north of the border in the near future as my wife and I are currently building a house up in Dumfries and Galloway, which is a self build.

Cheers, Mark.

Welcome Mark and share any experiences you've had as they'll be appreciated by the older gits on the forums, I being technically an old git but just starting out. All the best with the new build.

Hi, just registered on this forum. I have been in the electrical/security industry since leaving school
in 1980. Served my time at a medium sized electrical/security firm in West Yorkshire, then went self employed in 1986 right up to present. I was NICEIC from 1989 - 2002, but had moved most of my trade into installing/maintaining intruder systems so joined the security inspectorate body and dropped out of the NIC. I still do small electrical jobs, but not rewiring or consumer units these days.
I am going to be looking at some advice on electrical wiring, north of the border in the near future as my wife and I are currently building a house up in Dumfries and Galloway, which is a self build.

Cheers, Mark.

Welcome Marky the sparky......
Nice part of the country that you're moving to. Of course, as a Scot, I would say wouldn't I..............
My involvement in the electrical field was industrial power electronics so I may not be much help to you but there are plenty of excellent guys here who ca,

Good luck!

I must seem Jurassic compared to you mate finished my apprenticeship in mid 60s kin ell that was kin years ago OMG kin years ago

Thanks guys for the welcome! I didn"t realise that there were still so many old Sparkies still working. If my knees, shoulders and carpal tunnel are anything to go by, I should have retired 15 years ago.

Thanks guys for the welcome! I didn"t realise that there were still so many old Sparkies still working. If my knees, shoulders and carpal tunnel are anything to go by, I should have retired 15 years ago.
A mere child by comparison,:):rolleyes:

bloody 'ell i was 70 last year and still crawling around in attics. much prefer industrial but can't get it past thick managers that i'm still up to it, albeit a bit slower than years ago.

I think we should have a special area of the forum for all you old Farts/ sorry I meant advanced Electricians.
We could call it cocoon corner :confused:

I think we should have a special area of the forum for all you old Farts/ sorry I meant advanced Electricians.
We could call it cocoon corner :confused:
get back in your cage. it'dnearly feeding time. :p

Reply to Old Sparky introduction. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock