Discuss Oldest electrical appliance or gadget you still use. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

Must be on a plug top and you must have used it in the last year.
Mine is a weller soldering gun think I got this for my 12th birthday in 1972. 2 heats and instant warm up trigger action. This is a pic from the net and the pins on the plug are not shielded :oops:

weller 22x heat trigger control.jpg

Not got a picture, but until a few weeks ago I had retained my Stanley Swing Brace and several sized wood bits, someone recently called it a "Brazen bit" seems they weren't listening to their mentor properly

a megger BM7 ( google it ) , first sold as new in 1979. use it for fault finding. and a AVO 8, circa 1985.

s-l225.jpg

Like the megger Tel but its got to be on a plug top I recon you will have a gem or 2
somewhere

Pete 999 like the "Brazenbit" in fack I have one not used it for years got it off my grandad but mine ain't got a plug on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commodore 64 I bought the 'kids' for Xmas 1983, Second-hand Scalextric set I bought the 'kids' for Xmas 1985, and a Sky Analogue Box I bought, cough, for the 'kids' for Xmas 1993. All still in the loft, waiting for Antiques Road Show 2045, when some bod will tell they're worth a fortune, along with the lost masterpiece I've kept all these years. :rolleyes:

Reply to Oldest electrical appliance or gadget you still use. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock