Discuss One for the books!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
After working on site in Watford yesterday I returned to the job today to discover the ground floor ring main was tripping. What I found was gob smacking!!! A fox had managed to sneak onto the building site get trapped under the floor, resulting in him trying to chew his way out!!

He somehow managed to bite through the live side of a T+E cable whilst laying on some copper pipes!! There was no RCD fitted just MCB's.

Just thought id share this amazing find with fellow electricians. If you have found anything similar then let me know!!

Mike

PICTURE 1:
Gyazo - 85188e56c09bd2a7def39375d80ccbb9.png

PICTURE 2
Gyazo - b1e3cfcad88caa2292b113d73ff914b5.png

I'm guessing he was dead. Can you eat fox legally? I'd have it in my freezer by now if it's good meat.

It was pronounced dead at the scene. The chances of it only biting through the live side of a cable clipping the live conductor and nothing else is quite impressive! He obviously didn't the safe working practises on the HSE website...

Yeah, Ive seen mice in consumer units/wasps in ceiling pendants/ slugs in outside adaptable boxes ext but not a fox!

The first pic of its face looks fake as its teeth are showing like a tiger.

And get my timberlands covered in fox poo (it did actually poo itself).

A spade was sufficient enough to carry out the job.

:)

We get lots of snakes, big assed spiders and lizards in panels and the porcupines can strip an SWA cable faster than you can say 'IR fault'.

I'm guessing he was dead. Can you eat fox legally? I'd have it in my freezer by now if it's good meat.
I think the meat has a very strong taste to it , that's not very nice.When they are alive they have a strong smell to them

Yeah, Ive seen mice in consumer units/wasps in ceiling pendants/ slugs in outside adaptable boxes ext but not a fox!

The first pic of its face looks fake as its teeth are showing like a tiger.
I'm guessing my teeth would look the same way if I had just bitten thru said cable.

Labourer had the lucky chance to wrap it up in a dust sheet and take it down to the local kebab shop...

(it was taken to a vet really. I believe it is now charcoal.)

Only ever seen a rat which had welded itself in a busbar chamber,no pics of that as it was pre camera phones.It was toast but i didnt fancy a bite.

Unique...we have had four horses all knacked at the same time from "live" drinkers,so,all we need now is four toffs zapped,and i can finally complete my 1979 art "O" level,and make that taxidermy hunt scene installation...:stooge_curly:

Reply to One for the books!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock