Discuss OnSite Guide in PDF format.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bonse

Hi guys

Ive been looking for something like this for a while and basically to cut a long story short.....It doesn't exist!

So i have created my own and its basically a PDF file you can open on your computer or your phone.
But i went a step further than that and analysed every page and now you can search for anything, for instance....

If i wanted to find the table with the Max Zs values for types of circuit breakers.....
Id do a search for: Table 2B and it will go directly to the right place in the book!

Very handy i know, so you wont have to sift through the book every time you have a query anymore.

I have uploaded this book to my server for all to have FREE.

Please tell me how you get on with it, maybe i'm on my own in thinking its a great idea.

you can get it here....

I suggest you click save as rather than open where it is cz its 88 meg!

Cheers

Bonse

FYI i'm about to do the same for the BS7671 but will wait for the amendment this summer....

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as i am all for helping everyone out, we cannot support copyright infringement.

I understand but basically all sparks own one and there's nothing stopping them copying it to a phone for ease of access, we have all paid for it

I may request permission cz i've been reading the copyright and they are not dead against copies

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a very painstaking process but fair play for doing it as I'm sure having it on the phone would be brilliant, it would be one less thing to carry bout with us!

Much as its a great Idea I think somewhere along the lint the IET will want money from it

<<<<< Too late.. as per normal!!!

Not that I endorse piracy or not paying the IET how obviously feel £80 for a mandatory book is a good price!!!......

Oh but we can pre order the green for £60..... Wiring Regulations - BS 7671 - IET Electrical
and to be honest if I was buying I'd probably take them up on the offer!

<<<<< Too late.. as per normal!!!

Not that I endorse piracy or not paying the IET how obviously feel £80 for a mandatory book is a good price!!!......

Oh but we can pre order the green for £60..... Wiring Regulations - BS 7671 - IET Electrical
and to be honest if I was buying I'd probably take them up on the offer!

Please read my new thread
http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ndment-no-1-2011-60-pre-order.html#post275138

(ooooo blatant bump of my own post!! Slap my wrist).... but I think it might be of benefit to users!!

Good try anyway, mate. Wish I'd got here before the post was taken down as that would be a very handy thing to have.

As you say, we've all already paid (through the nose) for these publications but the IEE has no interest in allowing us to have reasonable access.

One member (who is in the know) posted about the regs being produced in digital form soon. will you get a free or cheap copy if you've already bought the book? I wouldn't hold your breath.

I personally have serious reservations about an organisation that is charging a vast amount of money for a publication that they have made mandatory.

What's the green one?

The green one is the new wiring regulations (17th amendment 1) that is coming out at the end of the month and which we all have to fork out for.

So chuck the red one and buy the green one basically?

Thank the sweet baby Jesus I decided to look on here tonight. I'm literally just in the process of searching google for the cheapest place to buy the red one. Scrap that plan.
So I need that green one (I'll check what it's real name is in a minute; BS7671 Amendment 1 if I remember correctly?) but what about the Onsite Guide? Will that change too or am I good for buying the red one of that?

I wouldn't buy any of them yet and wait to see what happens when the green one comes out

Thank the sweet baby Jesus I decided to look on here tonight. I'm literally just in the process of searching google for the cheapest place to buy the red one. Scrap that plan.
So I need that green one (I'll check what it's real name is in a minute; BS7671 Amendment 1 if I remember correctly?) but what about the Onsite Guide? Will that change too or am I good for buying the red one of that?
If you can wait about a month ill let you have the BRB and red OSG for only £40 for both, hardly used and infact theyre not very old either, about 3 years to be exact!!! lol ;)

Don't forget that although the BGB is published in July, it doesn't take effect until January 2012 so don't sell yet!

Hi Guys does anyone no where in that hiddeous red book i can find the diversity factors table, i can find it in 16th edition but not in the 17th.

Hellllllppppppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to OnSite Guide in PDF format.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock