Discuss Optima ect C&G Electrical 2365 Level 3 Fast track in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am nearly coming to the end of my fast track C&G Level 2 2365 undertaken at SCCB college, I was hoping to move onto the Level 3 2365 but am struggling to make up my mind about where I want to do the course.

The 2365 Level 2 was fast track undertaken over 36 weeks 2 days in the evening (3 hours in the classroom & 3 hours in the workshop). I have enjoyed the time at the college and felt even though this was fast track course it felt like the lessons were drawn out, for example, we were given homework which had to be completed for the following week only for the lecturer to have to go over it again in the next lesson, this obviously took time and was tedious if you had already done the work.

My question is that I have seen a course advertised at Optima Electrical Compliance Testing and was interested in doing the C&G 2365 Level 3 on a 2 week on, 2 week off basis, this will run until you have completed 6 weeks in the classroom with the 2 weeks off in-between to update yourself with the stuff you have already learnt in class. The website states that there would be a maximum of up to 4 students in a class and the course would cost £2545.
Has anyone undertaken a course here and are these fast track courses any good? I have done the level 2 at college fast track and found that to be too slow for myself.

Any help would be appreciated...

thanks

36 weeks on a course doesn't sound very fast track to me! Fast track is more like the 14 day wonder sparks course. I am sure you could pay a fraction of that price for Level 3 at a local college maybe one day a week or evenings?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

36 weeks on a course doesn't sound very fast track to me! Fast track is more like the 14 day wonder sparks course. I am sure you could pay a fraction of that price for Level 3 at a local college maybe one day a week or evenings?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Optima levvel 3 course cost 2545 on a 2 weeks on (9 to 5) and then 2 weeks off until you have completed 6 weeks (9 to 5) in class with max of upto 4 students in the class...

The same college course cost 2700 part time evening (6pm to 9pm) on evening per week and runs from Sept to July and then from Sept to Feb total 15 months....

From the previous comments it seems the college is the better option since the level 3 has alot of information to digest... however i have an appointment with Optima to see how the course will run just to see if it even feasible to undertake a level 3 in 6 weeks in the class, I also appreciate there will be the need for self study

Sorry forgot to mention its 2 evening per week at college

Check out http://www.thompsontrainingltd.com/ this may be a good halfway house for you, you can work through the level 3 at your own pace, I have used their material the C&G books and other online resources distance learning. They put on relevant training days and courses which you can attend and they are happy to do your exams as and when you are ready. I have found being able to work through at my own pace a very good midway position, you can pay by installments and the staff are very helpful/knowledgeable.

Hi homeoffice i to am looking into the level 3 with optima but currently having physio could you let me know how you get on with your visit.
Cheers

Hi ben

Will do and give feedback roughly in a weeks time... the impression i get that is there is alot of work to digest hence the reason for going through college.... I will be checking with the centre on what exactly is taught, how much additional study time is needed etc...

Good luck with the physio...

i'd advise going down the college route. gives more time to concentrate on any of your weaker points.

Hi How did you get on a fast track course?

i was looking at the level 2 electrical installation courses at that college didn't see any fast track courses, how long is the normal course full time mate? is it 1 or 2 years?

cheers

Hi How did you get on a fast track course?

i was looking at the level 2 electrical installation courses at that college didn't see any fast track courses, how long is the normal course full time mate? is it 1 or 2 years?

cheers

Hi deano

The level 2 2365 was a two year, two evening course apparently they have shrunk it down to a year again over two evening...

I found the course satisfactory which was over subscribed (we had 32 students) and I felt it started to drag and drawn out...

The lecturers were brilliant again i think because of the size of the classes we werent given the time needed during practical lessons, however tgis was somewhat corrected corrected with the addition of 2/3 techicians helping out. Also we were working along side the level 1 class so you had 2 lecturers for each class and 3 technicians looking after approx 50+ students...

This is why i have decided to do the course at one of these centres ie Principal Electrical Training now called Optima-ect undertaking the level 3 at my own pace and and more one to one based training class...

Hi deano

The level 2 2365 was a two year, two evening course apparently they have shrunk it down to a year again over two evening...

I found the course satisfactory which was over subscribed (we had 32 students) and I felt it started to drag and drawn out...

The lecturers were brilliant again i think because of the size of the classes we werent given the time needed during practical lessons, however tgis was somewhat corrected corrected with the addition of 2/3 techicians helping out. Also we were working along side the level 1 class so you had 2 lecturers for each class and 3 technicians looking after approx 50+ students...

This is why i have decided to do the course at one of these centres ie Principal Electrical Training now called Optima-ect undertaking the level 3 at my own pace and and more one to one based training class...

Ahh i see, so they have shrunk it from a 2 year to a 1 year course now? ye it does seem like a lot of students for the small amount of techs.

The course you done was that the one year course spread over 32 weeks? i want to get on the level 2 course is it possible with no prior experience?

cheers

Ahh i see, so they have shrunk it from a 2 year to a 1 year course now? ye it does seem like a lot of students for the small amount of techs.

The course you done was that the one year course spread over 32 weeks? i want to get on the level 2 course is it possible with no prior experience?

cheers

Yes its a 36 weeks so you start in Sept and finisg June or July following year... There is a fair amount of maths so they will test what level your at with a test done prior to undertaking the course, if you get a level 2 mark they will put you on the level 2 2365. I would say the maths level in the level 2 is at least to GCSE level, personally im glad i started at the level 2 as the level 1 would have been probably been to easy for me.
Ive got basic electrical experience and obviously with the amount of electrical theory you have thrown at you it can be overwhelming, but as long as you put additional time and effort in its not too bad....

Yes its a 36 weeks so you start in Sept and finisg June or July following year... There is a fair amount of maths so they will test what level your at with a test done prior to undertaking the course, if you get a level 2 mark they will put you on the level 2 2365. I would say the maths level in the level 2 is at least to GCSE level, personally im glad i started at the level 2 as the level 1 would have been probably been to easy for me.
Ive got basic electrical experience and obviously with the amount of electrical theory you have thrown at you it can be overwhelming, but as long as you put additional time and effort in its not too bad....

sounds good mate, i think i will put my name down for that course, i have got national standard level 2 in maths and english(literacy and numeracy) i done at some learning direct place will that be ok or will i still have to do the maths exam?

are many people expecting to fail? is there many older people on the course?

cheers

sounds good mate, i think i will put my name down for that course, i have got national standard level 2 in maths and english(literacy and numeracy) i done at some learning direct place will that be ok or will i still have to do the maths exam?

are many people expecting to fail? is there many older people on the course?

cheers

They will probably test you, take the certificates in anyway.... there is a mixed group of lads from early 20s through to late 40s and the other thing people are paying for the course and are eager to learn so you get less people messing about....

Also the way the course works you cant fail, your allowed to take the test as many times as you want, obviously there is a limit otherwise they can question your understanding...

If you want deano take a look at swindon massive website really usefull information about the course and the maths involved i do have the cd aswell....

They will probably test you, take the certificates in anyway.... there is a mixed group of lads from early 20s through to late 40s and the other thing people are paying for the course and are eager to learn so you get less people messing about....

Also the way the course works you cant fail, your allowed to take the test as many times as you want, obviously there is a limit otherwise they can question your understanding...

If you want deano take a look at swindon massive website really usefull information about the course and the maths involved i do have the cd aswell....

Hello mate, i started that course all been going well.

did you do the level 3 in the end?

Hello mate, i started that course all been going well.

did you do the level 3 in the end?
Hi Deano

Decided to do the level 3 at college, 2 evenings per week. Still reckon could have done it fast track as I find it a drag in the evening. The course runs from Sept 2016 - July 2017 then starts again Sept 2017 and finishes Feb 2018. We are doing 4 of the modules this year and 2 in the final 6 months....

Hi Deano

Decided to do the level 3 at college, 2 evenings per week. Still reckon could have done it fast track as I find it a drag in the evening. The course runs from Sept 2016 - July 2017 then starts again Sept 2017 and finishes Feb 2018. We are doing 4 of the modules this year and 2 in the final 6 months....

ahh i see, is level 3 much harder, scientific principles etc?

how much is the level 3, ive heard its a fortune but you can get help from the govt.

ahh i see, is level 3 much harder, scientific principles etc?

how much is the level 3, ive heard its a fortune but you can get help from the govt.

There are 6 modules to cover over the 18 months, the 302 science part has a fair amount of maths in it. The 305 includes 2 assignments and an open book exams which includes questions covering cable calcs from the IET regs.

It's interesting stuff if your in industry as it's can be useful stuff....

Reply to Optima ect C&G Electrical 2365 Level 3 Fast track in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net