Discuss Outdoor Lighting and PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jay1985

Hi guys,

Just need some advice.

I want to add a couple of security lights to the front of the house off one PIR. I have a porch ceiling light which I want to 'tap in to' to supply the power. Is this possible? If so, how would I do it?

The issue I am thinking is that the power to the outdoor lights will only work if the porch light is on, is that correct?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jay.

It is your light, how could anyone else know without even a photo of the wiring.
I tend to switch feed downstairs lighting (in which case the answer would be no) and 3 plate when there is access above from an attic (in which case the answer would be yes)

I think it is fed via the switch, I haven't seen any JBs around the house in the lighting circuit.

That is probably because they will be above the ceiling hidden away, I would personally take lee's advice and get a local Electrician in to do the job safely, If you offer up your location there may be a member that is close by and willing to give you a quote.

Reply to Outdoor Lighting and PIR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock