Discuss P.L.I Insurance in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PAT ukLtd

Hi, has anyone got an Insurance company they can recommend for P.A.T Testing P.L.I and how much cover is normally asked for when clients ask for proof, have seen companies showing cover from £1 - £10 Million pounds, but don't want to over Insure, would appreciate any comments / ideas.:rolleyes:

Did an exercise once on a H&S course to try to work out how much it would cost a company if there was a major accident. We were working on a hypothetical situation where an operative severed an arm in a machine, but you can do the same for a fatality due to electric shock. Anyway, the figure we arrived at was £1 million and rising when we had to finish because we ran out of time. Point is, you need to be very well insured in case you get taken to court, and from there on to the cleaners. I have £2m cover and would suggest that this is the absolute minimum that a tradesman should have.

Yep a good level of Public and Products Liability is now between 2 - 5 £m, some larger clients insist on the £5M amount of cover.

But don't forget Professional Indemnity Insurance which is an additional cover I carry, as being a service provider you can be liable for the consequences of any advice given to customers.

Keeps all avenues covered, and demonstrates your level of professionalism to prospective clients.

Thanks for the replys, I find it interesting because as a Dj a lot of venues I have gigged at not mentioning names in Manchester and Cheshire required a P.L.I of £10 Million which I have for £49...................but I think I will try and find a Broker that can give me a cover for same, as yes I agree it does reflect the level of professionalism

Reply to P.L.I Insurance in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net