Discuss Panels, panels, panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lord Vetinari

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me work though all the information available on panels. I've seen the spec sheets and they gives panels efficiencies. PV*sol and the Sunny Design tool workout yields. There's also the Proton tests and some systems monitored on-line.

Which is the best source of information to find the best panel? I've see Winaico panels placed high in Proton tests and in the monitored systems, has anyone experience of them?

Any info gratefully received.

Havelock

Dont know of Winaico, its a new one on me and I thought I'd heard of most, looking at the website they are owned by Win Win Precision who have been making a lot of OEM computer bits for a good number of years so they have a track record in the right area of business to make successful products.

All I would say is not sure how long they have been making panels, as a matter of course with electronics I never buy anything that needs a good degree of technical control to produce a successful product until the company has been doing it for a number of years (which is one of my reservations with a lot of the chinese panels), In general I've heard a lot of good things about the Taiwanese panels and their ability to control quality, but I most likely wont be using my money on them just yet unless they were Samsung, LG, Hanwha etc (before you pick me up on it I know they are not Taiwanese). The other thing I would do is check where the yield / panel guarantees are insured -are they from balance sheet or independent insurance (preferably with someone like Munich Re not off balance sheet).

Like most things tho if your spending your own money you cant beat personal experience and recommendation

I use HHV panels they are excellent there is an underground list from data calculated from SMA the top three are as follows for yield production
Amerisolar
Philadelphia
HHV
it does cause upset that the tv and car manufacturers are way down the list but hey ho

@oslosolar Care to share that undergorund list? - Post it as a pdf here and we can check its provenance.

Thanks whlphil. I checked the insurance and it's via third parties (Willis and Ergo).

I'd also be interested in the underground performance info.

Reply to Panels, panels, panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock