Search the forum,

Discuss Part P Cert in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tinyotall

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am hoping to register with NICEIC or Napit etc. in next few days, but they want to see some passed notifiable work.

I have until now only undertaken Minor domestic work that is not notifiable or commercial work.

How do I do notifiable work to be assesed on without paying building regs first?

HELP

napit will allow you to do a notifiable job say a CU change as major job. do the EIC and once passed assesssment, then notify through them to BC. think elecsa are the same.

Yep Napit are really laxo on this. They let you do notifiable work and assess you then contact building control. NICEIC will not let this happen. They want you to notify then have their assessment.

When you do a notifiable job you have 28 days to notify it, that's how the schemes 'get around' this issue.
It'll also take about 6 weeks to register and get the assessment done so you've got plenty of time to sort it out, don't panic:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Part P Cert in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back