Discuss Part p course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Scania

Hi there I've just completed and passed the part p course receive my card and certificate do I need to register the certificate and card
Kind regards
Joe

Part P the building regulation?

Or a comprehensive short course made up of various elements allowing you to move on to gain real onsite experience and registration with a Scheme?

Hi there I've just completed and passed the part p course receive my card and certificate do I need to register the certificate and card
Kind regards
Joe

I note your age Scania (Joe) - 49 - and you posted in New Members yesterday re your Part P course. Could you elaborate for members to assist?

If you have just completed a course that covers the requirements relating to part P of the building regulations then you should be aware of the next steps required.

The course in and of itself is only a means to show that you understand how the building regulations work, it does not need to be registered or recorded anywhere other than your records so that you can show that you are aware of the rules.

In order to be able to undertake work that is notifiable to building control and to self certify that work as compliant with the building regulations, then you would need to join one of the self certification schemes.
The course would demonstrate that you are aware of Part P, but you would also need to be competent in electrical work and have the qualifications specified in order to meet the joining criteria.

These are the available schemes.
Most frequently used schemes:
Ascertiva Group Limited, NICEIC, www.ascertiva.com, www.niceic.com/
01582 531 000
ECA Certification Limited, ELECSA, www.elecsa.co.uk
0845 634 9043

Both of the above are now Certsure

Also common:
NAPIT Registration Limited, NAPIT, www.napit.org.uk
0845 543 0330

Stroma Certification Limited, STROMA, www.stroma.com
0845 621 1111

Schemes that provide the same service:

Benchmark Certification Limited, Benchmark, www.benchmark-cert.co.uk
0238 051 7069

Blue Flame Certification Limited, www.blueflamecertification.com
0845 1940 31, (possibly via NAPIT)

Building Engineering Services Competence Assessment Limited, BESCA, www.besca.org.uk
0800 652 5533

Oil Firing Technical Association Limited, OFTEC, OFTEC - Oil & Renewable Heating Technologies - http://www.oftec.org.uk/
0845 6585080, More geared to heating

Reply to Part p course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net