Discuss Part P registration, PAT testing in a school in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

djelectric

Happy new year everyone!

Just a quick one, I've been offered to carry out annual PAT testing in a couple of local schools and a community centre..

I am to be Part P registered within the next couple of months and naturally I need to arrange adequate Public Liability beforehand..

Do I need any other type of registration/insurance to work in such places or will my Part P registration, Public Liability and qualifications/competance be enough?

and you may have to go through an enhanced crb check. think they're now called disclosures.

Happy new year everyone!

Just a quick one, I've been offered to carry out annual PAT testing in a couple of local schools and a community centre..

I am to be Part P registered within the next couple of months and naturally I need to arrange adequate Public Liability beforehand..

Do I need any other type of registration/insurance to work in such places or will my Part P registration, Public Liability and qualifications/competance be enough?
Part P means nothing, it is a building reg you can download from the internet, anyone can access it, it means jack, you need 5 million all risks insurance to work in schools around children but more importantly competance, I fear you have neither.

At a rough guess I would think, no I'll leave that to you

Who is that referring to?
Well certainely not yourself, that can be confirmed, when I post a comment like the above which has obviously upset you I do so after intensive investigation of previous posts from the OP, I am very concerned he is out of his depth, to even think owning a Part P book means you can brag about it regarding working in a school rings alarm bells, not just for me, but many others I am sure, and if you are the man I know you are even yourself will be concerned, it is time we put this Part P carp to bed, it stinks, end of, regarding the Muppets, I am one and I love them, I await your slating, I can't wait :D

Well certainely not yourself, that can be confirmed, when I post a comment like the above which has obviously upset you I do so after intensive investigation of previous posts from the OP, I am very concerned he is out of his depth, to even think owning a Part P book means you can brag about it regarding working in a school rings alarm bells, not just for me, but many others I am sure, and if you are the man I know you are even yourself will be concerned, it is time we put this Part P carp to bed, it stinks, end of, regarding the Muppets, I am one and I love them, I await your slating, I can't wait :D
Your being awfully spikey this evening MJD

Thanks for your replies everyone, clearly I messed up here by mentioning Part P. I am new to the legal side of this trade and admit I don't have a great understanding of the schemes and insurance policies as I have never been registered nor insured.

I have fairly recently finished college and have been carrying out electrical work in domestic dwellings for a few years now.

My friend who is the caretaker for these schools/community club simply asked me if I could do it as he currently gets a random company out of the yellow pages every time they need PAT testing done.

I am still yet to learn PAT testing, I just wanted to know what was required of me before I spend any money on courses, insurance policies, schemes, testers etc.

Maybe I am out of my depth on this one, and I probably wont take on the work, I was just wanted to know what was involved. Ill probably turn down the offer and stick to domestics for now. I've still got a lot to learn.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your replies everyone, clearly I messed up here by mentioning Part P. I am new to the legal side of this trade and admit I don't have a great understanding of the schemes and insurance policies as I have never been registered nor insured.

I have fairly recently finished college and have been carrying out electrical work in domestic dwellings for a few years now.

My friend who is the caretaker for these schools/community club simply asked me if I could do it as he currently gets a random company out of the yellow pages every time they need PAT testing done.

I am still yet to learn PAT testing, I just wanted to know what was required of me before I spend any money on courses, insurance policies, schemes, testers etc.

Maybe I am out of my depth on this one, and I probably wont take on the work, I was just wanted to know what was involved. Ill probably turn down the offer and stick to domestics for now. I've still got a lot to learn.

Thanks again for your help.
I'm a bit confused. If you are experienced on "domestics" why should PAT testing be any sort of challenge?

He has only just come off a 5 week course and has experience as a mate on Domestic Installations, I doubt the spark he went up the shop for let him near a Pat tester.

I had assumed it was aimed at someone else, as a derogatory statement. Do you not think perhaps its more appropriate and constructive, that you had originally posted as above. Clearly you know something I do not, by your first sentence.

He has only just come off a 5 week course and has experience as a mate on Domestic Installations, I doubt the spark he went up the shop for let him near a Pat tester.

Let me have a guess.. You were born a fully experienced, qualified, competent sparky the day you left your mums vagina.

We all have start somewhere.

I had assumed it was aimed at someone else, as a derogatory statement. Do you not think perhaps its more appropriate and constructive, that you had originally posted as above. Clearly you know something I do not, by your first sentence.
insecure people usually think the same :D

Reply to Part P registration, PAT testing in a school in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock