Discuss Passed my 2394/2395!..now what o.o in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

well done, mike. just proves that us scousers have brains as well as looks. 2394/5 @ 20 is an achievement to be proud of. get it in your profile.

Congratulations Mike, try to think what direction you would favour,and choose quals which would benefit that journey.

The 2396 is a good idea,as even if your route does not specifically require this,it engenders a knowledge of technical planning,which can cross over to many other fields. It also shows an ability to achieve a recognised and accepted qual,to future employers.

...and it is a shame you did not film a close-up of your face,on opening the notification letter...to play back to yourself,during lifes' more "testing" moments. :yesnod:

Good job,pal

Thanks for all the comments btw guys :) and im planning on doing the 2396 soon :p

congrats, when i passed my 2391, i realised i had the bit of paper, but no experience, the first few eicr i done were a bit daunting, but i just took my time on them all and you soon find a flow to them, the paperwork took ages also. if possible, i would recommend working for/with someone that has the experience in this area, learn from them and ask the questions. you might find that you dont agree with how they do things, but you will still learn and form your own style.

onwards and upwards

Can convert the 2365 to a NVQ3 and get that AM2

Also the 2396 design.. as far as i can see after that .. its all FUN FUN FUN..

2377 Pat (IR testing on Electricals) , 2919 (Car charges) and 2399 (Solar but can do frezzer version too)

Always Keep Learning New/Different Areas ADDing things.. even Micky Mouse things like Pat testing

But as one guy says HANDS ON .. sure someone will take you on as a extra hand to show you the ropes..
Guessing after all them course ÂŁÂŁÂŁ maybe a bit short.. Earn Learn, and then Look at the Self Employed
Better being your own boss, than working for a Twit (im sure a lot of us have worked for people like that)
Ive been a lot of Job Agencys and you are there MEAT MARKET and they Treat you as.

I have one of the guys from my college, showing me a few things, Talking to me, asking me what i would suggest, even taken on some of my suggestions to do things.. Tho i nag him about PLANNING (hate having it just in his head)
Telling me of some errors (think Plummer screwed in to a cable and had wet grout around it) and tools not to buy and to buy.

I do think you need to go with someone to get hands on .. Someone with the skills of dealing with people and the work.. also you probley look too young lol sadly i dont have that problem..

Well done pal, passing my 2391 at the time was the only bit of paper that I felt like I "achieved" throughout my career as I haven't gone on to do the design course yet.

But I agree with Richard, I think it's a lot like driving as you won't actually learn much about it until you start doing it for yourself.

Also everyone has their own ways of testing, on an EICR for instance I pretty much do my sequence of tests in reverse for various reasons so it's not something you should learn parrot fashion.

You'd probably get more out of the design course once you've had a bit more experience in my honest opinion. It might feel good having all the quals but at 20 I wouldn't be fooled into thinking you're any more capable than someone without it.

Reply to Passed my 2394/2395!..now what o.o in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net