Discuss Password locked netbook in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sanke

Hi guys
Need your help again

My daughter has a Samsung Netbook on Windows 7. This morning she has tried to get on her netbook but it asking for a password. Never asked for this before & "she hasnt changed the security settings". I can get into a reset mode but no matter what option I choose it always returns to the account screed requesting a password. Is there anything I can do ???????

Thanks
Steve

Is it asking for a BIOS password or a Windoze password? What exactly does the password screen say?

Is it asking for a BIOS password or a Windoze password? What exactly does the password screen say?

Hi Marvo
Thanks for your help

The screen shows as an account screen asking for password (windows). I can get into setup menu & it states the user password is enabled but I cant get into that section to change it Cant get command prompts or anything it always returns to the same screen

Just checking , when it comes up you have just tried hitting return. This happens sometimes on windows updates. They don't actually require a password.

Just checking , when it comes up you have just tried hitting return. This happens sometimes on windows updates. They don't actually require a password.

If you just press return it states that it is the wrong password. When I got into the BIOS menu it said that the user password was enabled but I couldn't get to it to change it

Hey Sanke.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems getting into your account. If you have not found a way around this you could perform a complete restore on the laptop, only problem with this option is that it will delete all data on the laptop. If this is something you would like to do then please do the following.
Plug in the laptop to the mains and power on Immediately tapping the F4 key. Once the boot menu appears press" Enter" to take you into Samsung Recovery Solution. Select the option for "Restore" and then "Complete Restore". Click on the box which says "Computer Initial Status" and then select the "Next" button to begin. The process takes around 20 minutes and when completed the laptop will be in an out of box state.
If you have any problems please respond and either myself or another user here @ Electricians Forum will try to help.
Regards,
Chris

Hi
Had to take it to the shop. They cleared password but then had to restore The hard drive had spyware etc on so it best to start again

Reply to Password locked netbook in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net