Discuss PAT test car charger in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Andy5678

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as title, I have a lot of car chargers to test. They are plugged into a socket via standard 13a plug, then goes into the charging unit, from there a lead to the car with the socket to be put into the car. They are for nissans and Mitsubishi cars. I have tried testing on seaward 250 but fails on Riso.

Charging units must be causing the fail so the only thing in can do is a visual test?

If anyone has any experience in these some advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

IR? What result are you getting? Perhaps your pass threshold is too stringent for this particular unit

Assuming you mean insulation resistance, probably need to try it at 250V to see if internal filters are throwing to earth at 500V.

Riso is how it is labelled on the tester. Which would be insulation ressistance. It will pass on 250v then fail on leakage.

I have email seaword and they have said it can't be done and reccomed a different tester purely for car charging units.

I suspect if they are all failing it is due to internal filters and the fact they pass at 250V the units are probably not faulty.

Dishwashers and washing machines are terrible for that, also with their large mains filters, it's just how they work.

Riso is how it is labelled on the tester. Which would be insulation ressistance. It will pass on 250v then fail on leakage.

I have email seaword and they have said it can't be done and reccomed a different tester purely for car charging units.
How is it failing on leakage does your tester do a run test.

Reply to PAT test car charger in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock