Discuss Payment of works in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bristolsparky

Hi guys would appreciate some help with this...
Long story short rewired a 3 bed house owed £500 still job has taken builder for ever to complete and the client has been very difficult every step of the way. We had to come back to connect fans and some other bits and then found out that the kitchen had been plastered before cables went but we found a way around it and he is now nit picking and being a general nause demanding that I fix snags that were not snags before e.g sockets that could not be chased in now to be chased in etc. I could not get hold of him for weeks until now and he now wants it complete ASAP. Have registered it with labc etc via nic but Don't see why I should go back for free to fix things that he has created and was happy with before now finds it an issue. He us claiming I refused to complete the job and will use the money owed £500 to get another spark in to 2nd fix Cooker and ext hood and sort kitchen sockets! I said I'm having none of it and have given him many chances and he has taken the **** well and truly and I have offered him to pay £350 and leaving £150 to pay for someone else to complete job or I will void certificate and issue ccj. Is it possible to void a cert that has been already registered and any advice on how to proceed?! I have had enough of him mugging me off and would like at least £350 as final payment considering my materials have not been paid for and only small things left that really are what he has made for us to do

Sounds a bit of a mare. Did you provide a written quotation before work commenced? Also tbh, you should not have issued an EIC and registered job when it was not completed... I would issue final demand threatening ccj, then when they ignore that use moneyclaim online service, you will get your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was your original quote detailed?
If so go through it with a fine tooth comb and work out what is covered by it and what is not.

AFAIK you can't void a certificate.
You have certified the work you have done.
Payment doesn't even come into it.

It sounds like you have gone past the point of no return with this customer, so work out what is best for you.
If it was me I'd make sure I'd done everything according to the original written agreement and then chase for payment through the normal channels.

Reply to Payment of works in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock