Discuss Pet hates in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

customers who want a price over the phone when you don't know what the job entails. pedestrians who think that it's only car drivers that take notice of the red lights on pelican crossings, soaps, reality tv, wales getting beaten in rugby ( so far, so good , this year), chemical beer, fake tans, gin, any drink that's got aniseed in it, coconut, health foods, musicals ( apart from tommy), mowtown, adele, x factor winners, modern pop music of any sort, the list is endless. just come on here to maintain my sanity.

bout right, mate. got a decent list of likes as well, though, starting with pink floyd and led zepp.

Wow, whoever did it should be dismissed, if the switch is faulty then get it replaced as a matter of emergency or if it is linked out to enable production to continue there should be another operater standing next to another stop cct to ride shotgun
Outrageous !

No this guy linked out the WHOLE of the hardware E-Stop circuit.
He was the so called competent contractor who installed the equipment, it had never worked correctly from day 1!
There are a hundred other issues with the kit, but this one is probably the worst.
It nearly killed a guy, admittedly the "victim" should have undertaken his LOTO, but, the machinery was fundamentally incorrectly wired, and was not in accordance with the manufacturers drawings.
I have put production lines on stop before now in a 24/7/365 automotive environment because I would not bypass a safety limit and leave site.
Customer rules meant I had to leave site and there was no one to replace me to monitor the kit.
They did not like it, but my employer backed me up 100% as did the customer Snr Mgt in the morning!
Linking out safety circuits is a NO NO, unless it is to prove the fault under controlled conditions, and the link is removed once the point is proven.

agree. any safety device is put there for a reason. disabling such devices could lead to injury/fatality culminating in manslaughter charges.

No this guy linked out the WHOLE of the hardware E-Stop circuit.
He was the so called competent contractor who installed the equipment, it had never worked correctly from day 1!
There are a hundred other issues with the kit, but this one is probably the worst.
It nearly killed a guy, admittedly the "victim" should have undertaken his LOTO, but, the machinery was fundamentally incorrectly wired, and was not in accordance with the manufacturers drawings.
I have put production lines on stop before now in a 24/7/365 automotive environment because I would not bypass a safety limit and leave site.
Customer rules meant I had to leave site and there was no one to replace me to monitor the kit.
They did not like it, but my employer backed me up 100% as did the customer Snr Mgt in the morning!
Linking out safety circuits is a NO NO, unless it is to prove the fault under controlled conditions, and the link is removed once the point is proven.

Have seen that before during commissioning and then someone forgets to remove the links. Most of the stuff i see has multiple remote stops - hence common occurence when one gets damaged, its interesting no-one had actually noticed the remote stop not working in production, before

Thought you’d bite eventually.

I’ll never forget my foreman chopping though all the instrument gear. He was like me if it had been run looking like someone cared what they were doing, we wouldn’t mind. But when it was tangled, running at diagonals, etc. It got our backs up. the brown stuff finally hit the fan when they tried to run thermocouple and signal cables through marshalling cubicles. In the end the senior management got involved, trying to keep the peace.

As I said I was shop steward for both sides. Talk about the whipping boy, I copped it from three sides, electrical, instrument and management!

You got to love this.......

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331575998.722275.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 86
cables pulled tight/left short making wiring impossible ie.fused spur(load)side, no circuit identification on dis.boards, cross threaded plate screws, plasterers filling boxes with plaster, ceiling grid guys leaving support wires half twisted ready to poke yr eye out, basically all other trades on site and Edmundson f###### Electrical they never have anything in stock FFS, if i want to be let down i would have gone to screwfix!!!!!!!!......................ok deep breaths.

:devilish:

Plasterers fill plaster in your boxes what about when some sparkys say aye the powers off and bang when the trowel goes over it.. or when you finish you 2nd fix and leave the fronts on.... Hard life for us plasterers... So as the saying goes if you cant beat them join them.. 17th edd here i go...

or when you finish you 2nd fix and leave the fronts on..

​you shouldn't have had that 3 hour lunch break in the pub, then.

The job I had today pure bawache 40 bed hotel 4 switches per room All switchwires Black had to sleeve EVERY switchwire and strapper GGGRRRRRR

The job I had today pure bawache 40 bed hotel 4 switches per room All switchwires Black had to sleeve EVERY switchwire and strapper GGGRRRRRR

better than crawling in dirty attics.

Reply to Pet hates in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net