Discuss Pet Hates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1) Light fittings and fans etc with terminals that are too small to fit a doubled over conductor in
2) The plumber today who ran his pipe through one wall at 470mm and only realised his mistake when he carried on piping into the next room right accross the face of our socket.
3) LSF cable thats a nightmare to strip

People walking out in front of the motor whilst texting then getting upset because the noise of my horn put them of texting as saving their lives come second to the PRECIOUS ie the phone. How sad

plumber who turn up on a Saturday for a Friday job and rubbish's your work to the client and then claims that the basement car park has a massive puddle because of a weep on a stopcock, that he claims to fix and is still leaking, leaving me tapping up a report to g-d know when to cover my assETS ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Females who phone you during a European cup game or final because hubby is watching the match and they thought it would be an idea to call me.

Sorry, Didn't so much mean doubling over, More meant doubling up (i.e. 2 cables) we use a brand of emergency light that it's nearly impossible to get two twins into it.
Ah yes, that is a pain in the hoop. Stick the two into a reasonable-sized connector block, then a single into the silly small hole. :)

as an agency subby--
guys that do their best to **** you off the job by lies about your work and age
yet know f/all

Just got another one, people who run cable for downlights before the ceiling is put up and push the cables in the gaps between the joists then clamp the plasterboard on top making it impossible (and dangerous) to try and change.

* Cheap crap SWA that the cores are almost welded the the outer insulation

* "Can't you just take the power form the closest light switch" (13Amp socket) Clever clients

* Fitting certain pelmit lights under kitchen cupboards

* plumbers who suggest electrical towel rails because the forgot to run pipes for

* SOME Easton Europeans who have very very little electrical knowledge who will never say i cant do that or i should not be touching that, basically extending a fp200 2.5 with 1.0 flex because its the same colour! ( oh and charing £2 to do it)

Rant over

-constantly searching for a new job

-when accepted for that new job, its the arse-end of the job ie the last week or 2 before completion, where everything is rushed and deadline must be met!!!

Getting to the petrol station - you have a certain routine.

Fill up - Pick Paper - Get Sarnie - Get Crisps - Get choccy bar - get scratch card.

Now, when you get there and your favourite choccy bar isn't in stock, and you have to settle for the still nice but still #2 bar.

That's definitley a pet hate.

Those new Socket outlets that are really thin that customers insist on changing the old ones for and will not fit nicely into a 25mm box

Getting to the petrol station - you have a certain routine.

Fill up - Pick Paper - Get Sarnie - Get Crisps - Get choccy bar - get scratch card.

Now, when you get there and your favourite choccy bar isn't in stock, and you have to settle for the still nice but still #2 bar.

That's definitley a pet hate.

queuing at the pump whilst her from the car in front, blocking the pump, is doing her shopping in the filling station over priced mini-mart.

Reply to Pet Hates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock