Discuss Pictures of Board work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also why are CT's so big? They should be clip on clamps like the load monitoring equipment. Takes up so much space in the board, most of them are ad hoc.

I would definitely call it rough. He isn't running the job and certainly not supervising me. He has had almost 2 weeks on it. For an electrician with 20+ years experience he should be totally ashamed of what he's produced. Compared to the other boards on site it is really bad. The other ones are not tight at all. There is space down the centre for everything to run

I would definitely call it rough. He isn't running the job and certainly not supervising me. He has had almost 2 weeks on it. For an electrician with 20+ years experience he should be totally ashamed of what he's produced. Compared to the other boards on site it is really bad. The other ones are not tight at all. There is space down the centre for everything to run

Bit pedantic, where's the photo of your attempt?

Why pedantic? Your quite patronising saying he's supervising me just to get a reaction. Maybe if he didn't say he was the best around then it wouldn't be so bad. I'll post ya one tomorrow so you can pick fault with so you feel happy again

I've got an ABB TPN board to connect this month and
No1 the boards narrow. No2 It's got about 20 circuits so it's going to be a pig.No3 I think boards with CT Metering in are always tight, so I'm going to keep shut. I will post a pic with a tin hat on.:eek:
/QUOTE]

I like it ,those are the actions of a confident and forward thinking spark :thumbsup:get the excuses in before hand, just in case ! :)

If that's what have to look forward to when I have that much experience then I'll stop now. Surely you don't think this is acceptable do you? From your previous stuff you have said I thought more of you. Oh well just shows I can get things wrong

Perspective has a Latin root meaning "look through" or "perceive," and all the meanings of perspective have something to do with looking. If you observe the world from a dog's perspective, you see through the dog's eyes. In drawing, perspective gives your drawing the appearance of depth or distance.

I fully accept what it is. Red rags, bulls and tea breaks don't interest me. If an apprentice did it then surely they would be given tips and pointers on how to improve to make them better sparks. So what I'm saying is why is it ok for an experienced spark to do it? The job I'm on is of a high standard then there's this.

It definatly does not look aesthetically pleasing like we are trained to do from the start but I don't see any thing dangerous about it. It might look ---- but I bet it is electrically sound. I would never do a job like that but that been said it's done now, just shut the dB door and forget about it haha.

Reply to Pictures of Board work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net