Discuss Plug socket, no power in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alexis27

I've moved in to a flat which is two years old and fitted a 3 holed plug socket onto the unused wiring behind the kitchen units in order to install a dishwasher.

Above the units is a switch and fuse.

There is no power though and a voltmeter comes back as there being no current.

All the circuit breakers are fine, I've checked the fuse and checked the wiring, but with no luck. Am I missing something obvious?

I've moved in to a flat which is two years old and fitted a 3 holed plug socket onto the unused wiring behind the kitchen units in order to install a dishwasher.

Above the units is a switch and fuse.

There is no power though and a voltmeter comes back as there being no current.

All the circuit breakers are fine, I've checked the fuse and checked the wiring, but with no luck. Am I missing something obvious?

Getting in a qualified electrician to check it out properly before you get hurt.

Reply to Plug socket, no power in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Have a single plug socket which has been working fine for years. It is behind a unit so nothing has hit it. I looked at the socket and can seen no...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
Sorry two questions today. We had the kitchen rewired based on existing units, but with a slightly new layout it puts the dishwasher right over...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, We had an electrician over, who fitted a 40a MCB in the house consumer unit to supply a new build garage. It's underground SWA...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock