Discuss Plumbers / Gas fitters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I wont mock Plumbers or Gas boiler fitters anymore, honest. My Boiler went ---- up and I was given this chaps name by the guy that did the boiler checks for my insurance, told me he was a bit of a tough guy covered in Tats. I was a bit wary until he turned up with my new boiler, couldn't have been a nicer bloke, fitted my boiler great job even swapped the mixer on my kitchen sink, gas safe cert 2 days later, boiler 10 year warranty, £60 a year for maintenance, I would recommend him to anyone, don't be deceived by appearances, fully apprenticed he showed me his quals on request, never moaned and he wished every body would check credentials before hiring.

So you got a good plumber then pete thats great.I know we take the p!$h now and again but there are good tradesmen out there amongst the cowboys.

edit which boiler did you opt for pete

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont mock Plumbers or Gas boiler fitters anymore, honest. My Boiler went ---- up and I was given this chaps name by the guy that did the boiler checks for my insurance, told me he was a bit of a tough guy covered in Tats. I was a bit wary until he turned up with my new boiler, couldn't have been a nicer bloke, fitted my boiler great job even swapped the mixer on my kitchen sink, gas safe cert 2 days later, boiler 10 year warranty, £60 a year for maintenance, I would recommend him to anyone, don't be deceived by appearances, fully apprenticed he showed me his quals on request, never moaned and he wished every body would check credentials before hiring.

What boiler did you go for Pete?

So you got a good plumber then pete thats great.I know we take the p!$h now and again but there are good tradesmen out there amongst the cowboys.

edit which boiler did you opt for pete
Ideal Vogue

The sign of a true tradesman is how much tea they drink, not coffee that's for Bankers and the like.

A fly by night will want to be gone as soon as possible.

A cup of tea is for old women with a buttered scone in a quaint little Tea shop.
Proper Geezers Drink strong black coffee.!!!

Ideal Vogue 32C 10 year manufacturers warranty

As long as registered within 30 days of fitting and serviced every 12 months by a gas safe registered fella.

Good boilers Pete, I have an Ideal logic+. Nice to see you supporting our local economy too. The factory is a stone's throw from my house.. :)

A cup of tea is for old women with a buttered scone in a quaint little Tea shop.
Proper Geezers Drink strong black coffee.!!!
2 heaped spoons coffee with 3 heaped spoons sugar. personally, i add a smidgin of the cow pi$$.

I paid a plumber up front for boiler and he promptly cleared off on holiday for two weeks without telling his mate or the builder who had recommended him. Utter t***t. Was in temporary rented whilst extension was built so his mate had to lash up hot water via immersion heater when we moved back in. Lesson learnt big time on my part and one plumber whose reputation is trashed. Also fitted a cracked outside tap so hadn't even checked his work!

I paid a plumber up front for boiler and he promptly cleared off on holiday for two weeks without telling his mate or the builder who had recommended him. Utter t***t. Was in temporary rented whilst extension was built so his mate had to lash up hot water via immersion heater when we moved back in. Lesson learnt big time on my part and one plumber whose reputation is trashed. Also fitted a cracked outside tap so hadn't even checked his work!
The guy that did my boiler gave me a rough estimate and I told him I would need to get cash from savings account, no bother he said I'll let you know exactly when I finish the job, told me what the price was and I said will Monday do, fine for him no bother.

Being in the trade as you are Pete999 you see and hear all the horror stories. We tend to ignore the good jobs as that's how it should be. So when another trade comes into your home you worry about the outcome.(I certainly do) Unless its someone I have used and trust.

Being in the trade as you are Pete999 you see and hear all the horror stories. We tend to ignore the good jobs as that's how it should be. So when another trade comes into your home you worry about the outcome.(I certainly do) Unless its someone I have used and trust.
Not working any more mykey, but I get your drift, far to many time I have heard stories of electricians (as an example) ask for money up front, the do a runner, thats why I was so pleased with the plumber in my case, a true gent.

Reply to Plumbers / Gas fitters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock