Discuss pool pump connections terminals help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Michael C

I accidently removed power supply cables from my pool pump
Advise please on what terminals to connect to. Red, Black , Earth-
Any help greatly appreciated
upload_2017-5-1_14-33-14.png

I think that whoever wired that in the first place was either colour blind or was running short on cable as he seems to have used whatever has come to hand!
I think you will need to get an electrician in to trace the circuit out and re-wire that little control box properly.

And without getting 'holier than though'. That is a special location in the electrical regulations, also getting it wrong could have catastrophic results.

Best take the advice above , for the sake of the users.

That SWA also needs terminating properly. The earth terminal doesn't look like it's screwed to the DIN rail properly. Just a couple of issues I have seen at a glance.

I recommend getting an electrician in to go over this and correct issues found. I imagine if it has been installed like that, it has never had any proper testing done on it and it may well be unsafe.

Reply to pool pump connections terminals help in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a 20 amp gfci pool pump breaker that trips only when the pump is off during the night. Pool pump runs fine all day. I turn pump off...
Replies
Views
Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've noticed that my UFH pump is not always turning on as soon as the stat & valve calls for heat. This results in hot water passing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to understand legislation in the UK for using an air pump in conjunction with a swimming pool with regards creating and supplying...
Replies
Views
I have a 4-wire well pump (red, yellow, black, and green) which just quit. Cycling normally, then shut off and never came back on. I've gathered...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock