Discuss Pool wiring, wago connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ryan24

Hi all

If wiring a pool on a 32amp breaker using 6mm cable for heater and wiring the pump of the same circuit. What would be the best way to join 3 x 6mm cables together in the junction box? The reason is the armoured in connected to heater then coming of that to feed fused spur for pump. Looked at using wago connectors but the heater is wired using flex which won't work on 6mm wago connectors

Thanks in advance

Hi all

If wiring a pool on a 32amp breaker using 6mm cable for heater and wiring the pump of the same circuit. What would be the best way to join 3 x 6mm cables together in the junction box? The reason is the armoured in connected to heater then coming of that to feed fused spur for pump. Looked at using wago connectors but the heater is wired using flex which won't work on 6mm wago connectors

Thanks in advance
Are you an Electrician or a enthusiastic DIYer, Ryan?

Still learning. Reason I ask is the pool is already wired but want to replace the junction box. Was wired with 3x6mm cables into connector blocks but doesn't look like great connections

Still learning. Reason I ask is the pool is already wired but want to replace the junction box. Was wired with 3x6mm cables into connector blocks but doesn't look like great connections
Singles then?

yes it's in singles between the junction box and spur. Just wondering how everyone else would join the 3. Doesn't seem like a good connection all 3 in one connector block

I assume this is a TT supply, without any visual to see maybe install a small consumer unit/Dist. board not stated pool heater load for mcb size but 6A mcb radial to switched fused spur for pump.

Thanks for your reply. The problem with that is it's an above ground pool. And it's currently an ip rated junction box and spur fitted in a cupboard under the pool. Any good junction boxes with terminals good enough to take 3x6mm?

Also forgot to say it's not a TT supply. The cupboard under the pool is fed from a board in the shed on a 32amp breaker with 6mm swa

So you want to common 3x 6mm² together, one of which is flex? Simplest is something like these screw-terminal commoning blocks:
| RS Pro Non-Fused Terminal Block, 5 Way/Pole, Screw Terminals, 6 mm² Panel Mount, PC, 450 V | - http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-fused-terminal-blocks/8680774/
Unlike Wagos they will acccept 6mm flex although you'll want to ferrule the flex ends.
OTOH if there's room to pop-rivet an inch of top hat DIN rail in the JB it would be neater to use low profile 1-in 2-outs.

Reply to Pool wiring, wago connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net