Discuss Poor work - by a 'proper electrcian' in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

How sure are you that it was the 'time served' electrician that carried out the work? It could have been one of his lackies. There are plenty of companies (owned and run by time served guys) round my way that send their lackies in to carry out substandard work!
He's a Sole Trader, so the buck stops with him.

That is worse than the job being bodged by a DIYer.

Is there no way of tracing the company/individual responsible and reporting them to their notifying body.

Must be able to get them 'struck off'

'The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, laughter and a dislike of the same people.'
He's not registered with anyone. So whilst people keep paying he keeps working.

as it's not domestic, why should he be registered with a scam?

No, Thatcher was to Blame, her plan has backfired. You only need to look at Germany and the way they do business to see we got it wrong with selling everything off, stopping all manufacturing, the creation of sub contract labour through angencies and buying cheap from abroad. Germany makes everything themselves, they employ thousands upon thousands of apprentices and sells everything which inturn creates work around industry like electrical contracting for starters. They stuck with the method we once had before Thatcher, Major and now Cameron oppose. they will not be happy until the working man has no pension no NHS and no Dignity, I am getting Narked now just thinking about the Tory party. Cheers Tel.
I mis read that at first as "I am getting naked now just thinking about the Tory party" </shudder>

With all the arguments against 5WWs this seems to be the only argument 'for' - "the 5WWs might have rushed through their training in a fraction of the time, but there are time served electricians producing substandard work".
Maybe this electrician had no other option than to do it this way. Maybe he had kids to feed and a mortgage to pay.
Nope. Kids are all grown up. Mortgage paid off. More laziness and not giving a ----. Not bothered about updating to 17th Ed etc etc either!

there is no excuse for shoddy work ( unless , of course, you are a plumber ).

Do you feel that having kids to feed and a mortgage to pay is a valid excuse for shoddy workmanship?
WOT?? Are you on crack or similar? Read my post(s) in context as I was merely answering an earlier comment about this guys background.

And I thought it was only ex-wifes that took things out of context?!

WOT?? Are you on crack or similar? Read my post(s) in context as I was merely answering an earlier comment about this guys background.

And I thought it was only ex-wifes that took things out of context?!
No. Try reading some of the threads from people wanting to retrain - most go along the lines of "taking a trainee's wage or going to college full time is not an option because I've got a wife and kids to feed and a mortgage to pay" as if that's a valid reason for taking shortcuts with training.
Well would you do that in the real world of work? I don't think customers would accept paying a higher price based around the electrician's private life, or to find out later that he'd taken shortcuts with his work because he wasn't prepared to put himself out (ie "no other option").

Sometimes the difficult way is the only way - if the cables are going under the floor the carpet will have to come up and the floorboards lifted, the walls will have to be chased to get the cables in, and nobody is going to pay electrician's wages to trainees based on the number of children they've chosen to have.

Pull yourself together...this is a job.........a way of making a living ...just...... to be honest I couldnt give two fffffffff any more....no one wants to pay for a "proper' job, i do this to earn money and survive, not to be the ---- pot of the century or slave of the week for some of the money grabing parasites that leach off the working man....as far as Im concerned they can all go to hell ..they lied about the so called recession (or bring the wages down for the average man lies) and we're all in this together (especially if your poor or working) crap....so earn ya money, do it safely and ffffff the rest of it IMHO....so there!!!!

Reply to Poor work - by a 'proper electrcian' in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net